[chapter twenty seven] the broken puzzle pieces

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

A small smile stretched onto my lips as Stiles pulled into the school. Across the parking lot sat a familiar motorcycle that made me fly out of the jeep the second it stopped moving. Aidens eyes lit up as he hung his helmet on the handle and rested his back against his seat.

"Hey gorgeous."

Smirking like an idiot, I wasted no time wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his lips down to mine. His fingers quickly found my hair and interlaced with the strands. We fit so perfectly together.

Two messes. 

Two moths to a flame. 

"I thought you weren't coming in." I whispered as I pulled back to meet his eyes.

"I missed you, of course I came. I would follow you to the ends of the earth, baby."

The fact that he had showed up to school, sober and with a smile gave me hope for the day. He had always been angry and had always over partied, but when he mixed that with over drinking it would usually end with him drinking for days on end. But he had pulled his shit together and come to school- for me

"Well, if this is the hi I get then maybe I should start showing up to school more often." He mumbled before smacking a quick kiss on the my neck.

"Ethan dropped out of school, why don't you follow in his footsteps? There's no real reason for you to come back?" I questioned, because even though I desperately wanted him with me at the school, I had yet to understand why he hadn't followed after his brother. 

"I'm here because this is where Ethan isn't." He shot back with a shrug. "He hasn't spoken to me in two weeks, it's stupid really. I'm also here because I know school is important to you, in a way."

"You really have a way with words loverboy."

"Hey, why did you just get here? You left hours ago?"

"I passed out so I had to go grab my medication." 

Bullshit, but I didn't feel like starting a fight about being in Stiles jeep. 

Slowly, he nodded with a tight lipped smile. I knew he wasn't fully believing me, but there wasn't much I could do. I knew it wasn't me that he didn't trust, it was Stiles, the boy he claimed he had been in competition with since he first got back to town. 

I was with him yet he still seemed on edge

"Ree Ree." Stiles yelled before nodding his head towards the field.

I watched as rage sparked in Aidens eyes, and cautiously, I poked the bear. "You wanna join us at lunch?" 

"No." He spat before shrugging me off of him and storming off into the school.

"Great." 

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

My playful mood had completely disappeared as I slid onto the bench with a murderous scowl. To make things worse, I swore on my way over that I saw the variant of myself on the way to the field. I was officially seeing my mirror self in both my dreams and reality.

"Okay, so what happens when a person has a near death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked whilst scribbling a large question mark in the middle of his stupid mind map.

"And can't tell what's real and what isn't?" Stiles chimed in.

"Oh and is seeing their dead aunt!"

With a scoff, I rolled my eyes. "They all end up in Eichen House."