[chapter thirty nine] an invisible string

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"How did you figure out where he was?"

It was the same question that had been thrown at me ever since I had found Stiles, and I kept replying with the same response.

"I don't know, I just knew."

How the hell was I supposed to explain the connection with him when I couldn't even understand it myself?

"You've all left Aires out of the loop for too long, that changes today." Derek announced to the crowded hospital room. "She deserves to know the full truth. If you want her to help you guys then she needs to know everything. No more secrets, no more lies, and no more pushing her away. Is that understood?"

Collective yes's filled the air, bringing a frown to my face as I glanced at my brother. They all knew something I didn't. 

"We know why the oni are here." 

"The oni? Are you talking about the ninjas?"

"There's no easy way to say this but, you let out a nogitsune." 

"I know." I shot back with a shrug. 

"What do you mean you know?" Derek snapped with a scowl. 

"Freya told me- wait, what the hell is a nogitsune? I know was supposedly the most feared creature but that was back in the 1800's. What the hell is it?"

I had been meaning to look it up, to find out what I had let out, however, I had been too consumed with everything else that it had slipped my mind. 

"A trickster spirit, something that can host one's body to cause chaos." Morgan answered, making my eyes widen.

The game.

I was playing a game with a nogistune

"The oni are trying to find it, they are going around and testing supernaturals and the people connected to this world. They are trying to find it."

"What then?" I quickly asked. "What happens when they find the host?"

"That's the part we aren't sure about yet."

"Everybody give her some space now." Derek demanded. "She needs some time to breathe."

Quickly, everyone flittered out the door until it was just the two of us. 

"Ever since mischief night, somethings been different." I admitted to my brother, the only person I could trust with what I had to say. 

"Like what?" He questioned with a frown. 

"Everything. This is all so stressful. I accidentally let out a creature into the world that's only goal is to literally kill and cause chaos. I fucked up, really, really badly."

"Hey, it's okay. You found Stiles and now that he's back, we can all focus on this situation." He shot back. "How did you find Stiles?"

"I don't know, Derek." I whined whilst dropping my head into my hands. "I just did okay? I had a feeling and I went with it. Same as I had a feeling on mischief night about him and I went with my gut that said to walk away. I don't know, maybe it's because of the sacrifices but I just get this feeling like I know when something bad is gonna happen to him. But when I look in his eyes it's like sometimes there's nothing even there? I don't know, okay? I know I sound crazy but do you know what has been driving me crazy these past few days? This fucking key that I cant seem to remember if I actually saw it or not."