[chapter four] love made him crazy

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Eight years ago...

Tomorrow I would be ten. It had been a year since Malia went missing. I don't like to say she 'died', despite my mother saying thats the proper term to use. They never found her body, so until they did, she would still be alive to me. Missing, not dead. And I missed her, I really missed her- more than anyone in the world.

"Deucalion, I already told you, I promise we will make peace with the Argents."

My mothers meeting with the other packs seemed to be coming to an end as I finished off my painting. I had always attended the meetings with her, though I don't quite know what they are about most of the time. I just sat in the back and painted on the metal wall.

Sometimes I listened... Sometimes I didn't...

From the corner of my eye, a blonde haired boy stared at me from across the room. He looked a little older than me, like he was maybe eleven. I quickly gave him a tight lipped smile before spinning around and putting my paints back into my wooden box.  Whilst cleaning up my mind began to drift off, blue eyes clouding my thoughts. I could still feel the boy's eyes on me, unleashing butterflies within me. 

I wonder what his name is.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aiden's pov...

She was so pretty, like an angel. Everytime me and my brother got dragged to those meetings I would always get distracted, watching her. Ethan teased me about it all the time. How could someone not be distracted by her? She was like a princess- an angel. 

The most prettiest girl I had ever seen.

"We will reevaluate the situation in two days, until then stay safe everyone." Talia Hale mumbled firmly, dismissing everyone.

Quickly, I hopped onto my feet and sprinted across the room to her, nervously fiddling about with the bracelet in my hand. I had made it myself, it was a charm bracelet I had designed just for her.

"Hi." I squeaked nervously, sounding ridiculously pathetic.

"Hey." She whispered with a small smile on her lips, her long blonde hair in her face. 

Slowly, I held out my hand, the bracelet lying flat in my palm. "Here, I made this for you. I heard it was your birthday."

"Oh." She whispered whilst studying the bracelet in my hand. "Wow." As she jumped onto her feet, she wrapped her small arms around me.

I practically towered over her, my chin rested on the top of her head. I had seen her every day since I was six, always staring at her and always in love with her. I had dreamed of what it felt like, a hug from her, and it was even better than I could have imagined.

"Aires, let's go." Her Mom called out, breaking our embrace.

"Thank you." She whispered, before spinning on her heel and darting out the room. 

I had never expected her reaction, I never expected her to be so sweet, so good. What happened next was something I would come to think about nearly every day for the next five years. She stopped dead in her tracks, turned around, ran towards me and then leaned in and planted a small peck on my cheek, giving me one last smile before dashing out of the room.

If I had known that would've been the last time I held her, I would've said everything I had always wanted to.

Two days later, we all came to the meeting. Aires wasn't there. My eyes searched the room for her several times and still came up with nothing. We waited and waited until finally, Deucalion walked in with a solemn look on his face, tears burning his eyes.