Wings

(Tw: Mention of SA, trauma, etc)

"Behind every smile is a frown."

You grimaced as your sister spoke. Today was the start of the redemption process, and it was a bitter pill to swallow. Alastor's smile grew wider as he sat beside you, having finished his broadcast, all too familiar with the phrase.

Everyone sat in a circle, Alastor and Angeldust at your sides, Husk sitting beside Alastor and Vaggie beside Angel, Nifty beside Charlie and Charlie by Vaggie. You were each given a small booklet that listed the many faces of trauma. This booklets purpose was to analyze how death affects a sinner, specifically the sinners who had a more violent and horrible death than others.

"Coming to terms with how you died is the first step in the path to redemption. And if you are all going to help in my quest I would at least like you all to take a moment to reflect. To be the cause is to take part." Charlie explained as she crossed one leg over the other.

"And for those of us who haven't died?" You asked, closing the booklet and setting it in your lap.

"Then you can reflect on a traumatic experience of your own. The point of this exercise is to heal." Charlie replied with a smaller smile.

Your eyes fell, resisting the urge to hug yourself as you thought of him... Alastor took notice, one of his brows raising before wrapping an arm around you and hugging you to him for a moment.

"But not to fret!" Alastor began, his own eyes holding a deep rooted hurt as they met yours. "It is for the betterment of ourselves!" He proclaimed, making you smile before he let go of you, his smile wavering ever so slightly.

"The betterment huh?" Angel asked as he crossed his sets of arms.

"Yes! And in facing that trauma you are taking a big leap towards redemption!" Charlie preached with a smile.

"What may I ask, would you know about trauma?" Angel began, his skin tingling, a cold chill running down his spine as his mind wandered to Valentino.

Charlie's smile wavered, your eyes falling upon Angel. You knew.

You knew about everything.

Valentino was a horrible monster. A disgusting and manipulative individual, and were he not important to hell's economy he would have long been erased, you weren't the only person who wanted him gone, but if you were to attack him now, there would be a plethora of consequences, and if Vox and Velvet got involved it would certainly be treacherous. Valentino was only a cheap fucking knockoff of Asmodeus, a more respectable demon, and a good friend of yours. But you would find a way to get rid of that moth bitch without help. Just like how you got rid of your ex.

You smiled to yourself as you recalled the taste of his flesh, his blood staining your skin..What a treasure that memory was. Sweet fucking vengeance, for the coercion, for all the gaslighting, for those cold and shivering nights, for all the times he tested your boundaries and tried to hurt you. Despite all of your Ex's attempts he never got what he wanted, you never let him win. And that in its own was strength.

"It's not all peaches and sunshine with royalty Angie." You said, cutting off your sister before she could speak.

"That's true, but some of us didn't have the head honcho to back us up." Angel said softly as he hugged himself.

"Even Lucifer couldn't protect me." You said almost bitterly, making everyone look at you.

"It doesn't matter what privileges you have, in the end you are still on your own." You said.

Alastor's expression softened as he looked at you, feeling a pang of sadness. It wasn't hard to put together the pieces. At least 99% of women have experienced harassment in some way shape or form, from the time they are children to the day they die they are preyed upon. It was sickening to think of anyone ever laying their hands on you. And it repulsed Alastor to think of the disgusting way people acted towards eachother, male or female, he believed that respect was a unanimous privilege, that consent was first above all, and that children be protected, that children not have to grow up the way he did, that their innocence and purity be kept and never ripped from them.