Chapter 12

ALEXANDRA

I was lost in a whirlwind as Bianca grabbed me by the hand and dragged me into the rooms on the ground floor. She's looking so excited and from what I've heard during her never-ending talking, they had to see a female guest for a very long time. That gave me a piece of mind I must say, and I wondered why, as I do not have something serious with him. Why should I care how long he has to be with someone special? I try to make that thought go away and I concentrate on everything Bianca shows me. It was quite hard to remember where each room is, but I'll find my way around.

As we get back to the living room, which I don't remember if I mentioned how huge is, I hear a male voice from just the top of the stairs, coming down towards us, looking at me like a hyena approaching a luxurious meal. His expression is hideous, I feel so embarrassed upon looking at me like I'm some whore he wanted to have his hands on. No comment on the moustache that seems to match perfectly his style and probably his attitude. Bianca gives me an apologetic look and she squeezes my hand like a warning to this guy. I mirror her gesture in acknowledgement.

"You must be the talk of the town." His slithering tongue spits approaching us. "I believe you already know me." he continues puffing his chest in pride.

"I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid I don't, actually," I reply kindly. We don't have to kill each other, yet. His face becomes serious for an instant, disapproving of my response.

"How rude of Vittorio not to mention me. I'm Juliano Russo." He bends slightly and takes my hand close to his face. "At your service." He continues and places a kiss on my knuckles. I remembered the last time when Vittorio made the same gesture. The difference was from the earth to the moon. Vittorio made my skin tickle with electricity getting all over me. This one, on the contrary, makes me look for the nearest bathroom where I could wash my hand until the skin is off, or cut it from the wrist and throw it in the sea.

I was trying to find something sarcastic in reply, but no need as I heard someone's steps from the upper level echoing on the marble floor. I look up and see my salvation coming down the stairs with a death look locked at Juliano. I feel a warmth inside me, while I was trying really hard to hide a smile from my face. He approaches us and passing by Juliano he stands next to me, taking my hand in his protectively. His touch feels so nice.

"Relax amico mio. I was just meeting your wife." Juliano smiles immediately noticing Vittorio's gesture. I was expecting him to say something, but Vittorio glares at him with eyes that throw daggers at his place. Juliano sighs and steps out, taking the way to the exit. Bianca walks to show him out, although he showed that already knows the place very well. We stay silent until the door closes behind him and both let out a sigh in unison.

"Did he say anything to offend you?" Vittorio asks looking at me with concern and rage, ready to go after him and tear his head off if I say so.

"Nothing. You showed up just in time." I give him a faint smile trying to get away from the energy of the whole situation. "Why does he keeps coming to your place?"

"This is a story for another time. Now," he says looking around. "Let me show you your room. You may need to freshen up or get some rest from the flight." He adds taking my hand, and leading me upstairs. As soon as we reach the top, he guides me to the left where only one door is. He opens it and guides me inside. The room is so big, that my apartment back in London looks like a rabbit hole.

On the right, there is a double-sized bed with a nightstand and a view of the vineyards. There is also a boudoir on the other side and a walk-in closet next to it. Further to the side, another door appears that leads to the bathroom. A really big bathroom. The thought of taking a bath hits my mind. It must be amazing in this bathtub. My suitcase was already taken care of, and all my clothes were placed in the closet. I turn to look at Vittorio who was leaning on the door frame, hands in his pockets, watching me.