Chapter 32

VITTORIO

We searched everything. Gianluca and I were typing frantically on our laptops. We tried to locate her phone, but it was a dead end as someone must have taken it from her the moment they grabbed her and destroyed the sim card.

Gianluca was trying to locate the signal of the bug that was planted in Vokov's car while they were watching him but without any success.

"Fuck those bastards!" Gianluca shouts pushing away the laptop. "They took out all of our bugs. I swear Vittorio, we're going to make Vokov pay!"

To be honest, I've never expected such a reaction from him. He always looked so composed and unaffected when it came to working.

"How-"

"I was in love with your sister." He spits out and I freeze. "I was about to tell her after your birthday party and then hell happened. I couldn't do much at that time, I was under your dad's orders and later on imprisoned in the cellar like you. We didn't know each other at that time."

His lips tremble for a second. "He threatened us that if anyone disobeys him, our head will roll down the road outside the house. I never told you because there was no reason to do so. It cannot bring her back. But now, the story repeats and I'll not sit there doing nothing."

Silence fills the room for an instant.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea you felt that way for her." I put my hand on his left shoulder and give it a squeeze.

"I wasn't planning to tell you ever. It belongs to the past; however, I'll always think of her."

"She would have been much safer with you than me."

"No, don't say that. You did the best of your power to save her. You even went against your father, and that takes some balls to do it." He places his other hand on top of mine and gives me a squeeze while he nods his head. "I won't let you do this alone this time."

It feels nice to know that some people are with you until the end, and you can count on them. I had no idea he felt like this for my sister, but one thing is sure. We won't let the same happen with Alex.

We decided it's best to contact all our associates, in case someone has seen Juliano, Mia or even Dimitri. This took us a couple of hours, while the rest of Gianluca's team was watching the surveillance footage from all the buildings around the square and the nearby streets.

"We're out of luck." I breathe out dropping the phone on the desk in front of me. "No one has seen them since three days ago," I add bringing my hand to my nose and giving a soft squeeze on the bridge.

The sound of an incoming email rings from my laptop and I run to it. Gianluca is right beside me. It's from Juliano.

Amico mio,

I have your lovely wife. Soon, she'll destroy everything you've got, to save you. If you still want her after that, meet me on the docks, warehouse 29, at midnight. If you don't, then I and Dimitri would have a great time with her. She looks lovely without that dress.

J.

The thought of ripping out his organs one by one and killing the rest of them became a need. I feel rage filling me up inside, my blood boiling.

How dare he treats her like that? I'll give him a lesson he would never forget. To all of them. Whatever Alex does she's forced to do it. I feel a small tug in my heart. She's captive yet I'm the one she will save.

I close my eyes for a second and take a deep breath.

"Capo." I hear one of the men entering the office. "Nothing from the surveillance came up."

"We know where she'll be. Prepare everything, we're leaving." I reply sternly.

ALEXANDRA

I felt so stupid to myself, but I had no other option. I chose to co-operate in order to save him, but at a great cost. When I agreed to play along with them, they left all except Dante. He stayed there, looking at me with an emotionless face.

"Why?" I ask when we are left alone.

"What?" he spat.

"Why you're doing this? Have I done something so bad to you to deserve it? You're not a bad person Dante, why do you mess with these people?"

Dante's laugh makes my skin creep out.

"You and your family are solely responsible for this Alex. Your father killed my parents in this stupid accident. Do you think that your mother will compensate by taking me in and raising me along with you and all will be forgiven? I left with nothing! Nothing!"

"The love we gave you all these years was nothing? The fields of our parents are nothing? We gave up on them and handed them over to you so you can make a fresh start as you wanted, on your own. We gave you money to begin your business and never asked for anything in return. Why do you hold such hate to us?"

"You think the money you gave me was enough for anything? I got myself into deep debt to set up a business that after a while started to decline. Loansharks were after me. I've been threatened many times. Juliano helped me, I merged my business with his and became his right hand. I have the same risks as I did before, but now I also have a tone of money as well."

He starts pacing slowly around me.

"When you told me you work for Vittorio, I saw an opportunity. I couldn't hurt your mother, she was already seriously ill, and her death would not bring me satisfaction when she's like this. And then I thought why kill when there are many ways to make them suffer? You're really good at your job Alex, I give you this. That's why we get to destroy both Vittorio and you, so Juliano and I get our revenge."

I couldn't believe he had so much hate within. We were not responsible for his parents' death; it was an accident. And yet he was so blind by hatred that he didn't care for anyone except for getting his revenge.

Dante freezes on his feet when the door opens, and Mia walks in. She holds a robe that tosses it to me. Dante comes behind me and starts untying the knots from my hands and legs.

"Put this on and be quick. We have work to do." Miasays with a devious smile on her face.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hi everyone!

I apologise if the chapter is a bit short, I'll compensate on the next one :)

Any ideas on what might Alex do to save Vittorio? What Juliano and the others might want?