Chapter 24

ALEXANDRA

I wake up in his embrace, as the first rays of the sun enter the room from the window above us. We stayed like this for the rest of the night, caged in his arms hugging me close and drinking from each other's lips. His persistence in perfecting my kisses was giving him the best excuse to keep kissing me.

I was feeling so nervous about telling him that it was the first time I'm getting so close with someone, so I want us to take it slow, but something tells me he already knows that.

The gentle movement of his chest breathing is so relaxing. I could hear his steady heartbeat.

I hungry breathe in his scent, allowing it to fill my senses. I hug him slightly tighter and let out the breath I was holding.

I stay hidden in his strong arms with my eyes closed, replaying in my mind yesterday's events. A soft smile forms on my lips. I had no idea he felt this way for so long, I thought he was teasing me.

Moments later, I hear his heartbeat breaking its steady tempo, he must have woken up. I feel a hand softly caressing my hair while I remain with my eyes shut, pretending to be sleeping.

"Having a nice dream?" a soft growl resonates from his throat. I couldn't hold it any longer and I burst out laughing. I open my eyes looking up to face him.

His grey eyes are shining so bright, accompanied by a smirk on his face. I feel my cheeks burning and I try to hide my face in his chest, but he places his fingers on my chin, holding my face up to him.

"I love it when you blush." He whispers biting his lower lip. He bents a bit more and brushes his lips with mine, spreading warmth all over my body.

I haven't kissed someone before, and I was so embarrassed when I kissed him last night. I couldn't believe I did the step first, but after such a confession how can I resist?

I was very clumsy, but then he took charge of the situation. And I can say he is a very good teacher.

We spend a few more minutes laying on the large couch cuddling until his phone starts buzzing on the desk. He gets up and drags me with him, holding me by the hand.

He answers the call and I bet it must be from Gianluca. Seconds later I hear his voice coming out of the speaker.

"We will be there in an hour," Vittorio answers and hangs up.

He puts the phone back on the desk and with a swirl, he pulls me around until I'm pinned between him and the desk. His hands start caressing my body, sending shivers down my spine. He looks at me intently and then his gaze lands on my lips.

"I can't get enough of you." He whispers with a smile and then forces his lips on mine, knocking the air out of my lungs.

When we parted, I thought there is no air in the room. "We need to go," I say quietly and he gives me a nod.

Before I leave, I stop and turn my back on him.

"Can you open the zip of my dress please?" I ask and I could imagine his face as I hear his steps stop at once.

He slowly reaches me from behind, like ready to attack his prey, and places his hands on both sides of my waist. "I thought you wanted to go slow." He whispers to my ear, and I feel a tingling sensation where his breath brushed my skin. I could swear he was smiling from his tone.

"Yes, I still want it. But Bianca will be in the vineyards by now, so I have either to run through the fields with that dress and ask Bianca to do it, or I go to your father's office."

"Let me solve the problem then." He replies and moves his hands up towards the zip.

He opens it but he doesn't let go of me. Then I feel his finger tracing a line from my neck down until he reaches the small of my back and then stops. I feel like I was just hit by thunder.