» The Beginning «

The holidays are over. The time when you can spend time with your family and stream a lot has ended.

Zhongli stood up from his bed, coming to the window. "New school, new environment, new.... classmates."

After these words, Zhongli remained silent, sighed, looking at the full streets of people, running across the roads and parking places as some kind of apocalypse was happening. Then he realized...

I am late!- he said after checking his watch. His eyes widened after those words, running to the kitchen, to get some toasts done.

"I will eat breakfast on the way and I might save some for lunch.." as he said that for himself and went to his bedroom again, searching for some clothes.

Still tired, he somehow managed to remember that he already put the clothes on the chair near bed. He smiled at his own dumb mistake, picking up the clothes and already changing.

After a while the toaster made a ding sound when Zhongli was already putting on his coat. He grabbed his keys, the toasts and some things he will need while writing down some notes.

He huffed, smiling widely after he locked the doors, but the smile faded too quickly. He was running down the stairs, thinking I cannot be late at school on the first day-, somehow managing to not crash into any person on the stairs.

He got more chills after finally being in the streets, listening to the sound of birds and... crowd?

Why are there so many people? These words banged him in his mind. Approaching the crowd full of excited people slowly, he quickly found out why. They were looking at...him...

"Oh my gosh?!!? Is that Tartaglia!" These words of one young lady took Zhongli from his thinking. He turned around, walking his own way to school. He was shaking his head and sighed with a slight smile in a style as if he knew Tartaglia personally.

Zhongli looked behind him after a few seconds. I'm not sure I'd be able to face such a crowd of people... Tartaglia seems to have a lot of talent with things like that.

He bit off from the toast, turning around, walking in the completely empty alley.

He was walking really fast, afraid that he wouldn't be there at the right time. The bells on the cathedral struck 7 hours 45 minutes.

Fifteen, past, quarter past... six? Zhongli froze at one place, his eyebrows frowned. He looked at his watch.

Strange... he was looking at them confused, his watch was showing 8:45. Then he realized.

Oh- I completely forgot that the battery drained and- I hadn't set my watch to the right time.. He laughed a little bit, biting off one of the toasts again, walking slowly, enjoying the morning.

This moment was cut by another lady, running after someone. Zhongli was watching them curiously, trying to figure out, what's going on.

"Stop him!" the lady yelled at Zhongli when the man was approaching him.

"He's a thief!" These words struck in his head, already stretching his hand on the handbag the man was holding.

As the thief ran past him, the lady completely out of breath was shaking her head, "Why didn't you stop him..." she said, completely disappointed.

Zhongli handed over the handbag. "I..." She looked at him, confused about where he got it from. She hasn't seen him grabbing it from the thief.

The lady took her handbag from him, and checked it to make sure everything was there. "T-hank you... H-how... did you do that without him even noticing?"

Zhongli just smiled, answering the question simply, in a completely different way, "It was not that hard.. Now, I should get going.." as he said, he already started to walk forward, chewing on the toast again.