» Invitation «

The beginning of the dead conversation lasted for a couple of seconds until Zhongli didn't hum in question. Now, Ajax had reason to continue.

"Well.. I was looking for you because I... uh- Are.. you free n-now?"

"Hm.. I am. Why do you ask?"

The response came too quickly, which meant Ajax didn't have time to think. That's how he ended up saying something, what first came to his mind.

"I..." he cleared his throat. "I said that you'd come to lunch. And my parents agreed. I mean... more like I asked if I could invite you."

Ajax rushed his words which meant few words were swallowed and others remained unintelligible. Great.

Zhongli sighed. Doesn't Ajax remember what he said yesterday? Looks like it doesn't matter anymore. Ajax takes it too seriously and probably wants him to come.

His little brother, Teucer, was now looking forward to his answer. He was not mad anymore about that interrupted game. What a great change of mind, mh?

Now he needs to think carefully about the answer. Although he has nothing to do, the question is, is it a good idea to meet Ajax' parents? Looks like he won't get an answer until he won't try. At worst, he won't come back, but now, he cannot let them down, can he?

"Sure but... I need to get some things straight first." Zhongli spoke up after a while. At these words Ajax smiled widely and the embarrassment from his face disappeared.

"L-..." Ajax cleared his throat to mask out that he messed up again, this time while speaking. "Also- Zhongli, are... you hurt? I haven't managed to stop exactly in ti-"

"No, I am fine. Thank you for asking, Ajax." Zhongli cut off his words, smiling slightly.

Teucer was just shaking his head, once again crossing his arms. He wanted to eat something. He was hungry and now, he was stuck in the middle of the shopping-alley with Zhongli and that simp, which was his brother.

How is his brother such a huge simp? How he became, a-and when?

He still remembers, when Ajax was talking all day about a streamer called rexlapis, he still understood it somehow, but now? In reality? Even in front of some person who was even his friend? No- he just simply doesn't understand plus, now he cannot even stand it.

"That cereal-"

Teucer said when he already wasn't able to hold it anymore.

What great timing. Ajax was already preparing to say something, but the thing he made up in his mind would just destroy the whole situation, or at least, that's what Teucer sensed.

"Mh, yes. You two should mind your own business, I will too, mind my own." Zhongli smiled, already turning around to walk to the checkouts.

"Nonononono- no need." Ajax rejected, waving with his hands in 'no-no' way, shaking his head and reaching for Zhongli's wrist, though he didn't get ahold of it.

Fuck. I missed-

He immediately pulled his own hand back, hoping that Zhongli hadn't noticed. It would be even more embarrassing-. He already messed up too much in these past minutes.

As Zhongli walked away, Teucer realized that his brother was all red. Still, in his mind, it meant nothing, he is a little kid after all, but something was off- he knew it.

"You like him, don't you?"

"What? Pffff- no. Not at all." Ajax laughed, pushing the cart forward to the shelves with cereal.

"Mmmmmm-hm.. Now, look into my eyes and say it again." Teucer smiled sweetly. He knew Ajax was lying. After all, his brother is actually terrible at hiding emotions.

"Ha? Wh-at? Did mama teach you that?"

"Nope- you just can't hide your emotions." Teucer answered with a slight chuckle.

OH FUCK. So Zhongli noticed. Of course he did!

The moment of realization hit him hard. That was maybe the reason why Zhongli left.

Ajax let out an embarrassing laugh. "I messed up again, didn't I?......."

Teucer just shook his head, already putting some boxes of cereal to the shopping cart, pointing to the direction where the checkouts were, that they can already go and pay for it.