» Come Back «

Zhongli was already late.. He hoped his friends, more like his coworkers, wouldn't mind, then he realized the real problem would be with the staff as he needed to take care of one thing before they would start.

    He tried to order a taxi, but unfortunately, he didn't have any money on him.

    "Looks like I should walk faster-" he said to himself.

    It took him a 'while' to finally get into that studio, where he was supposed to be 20 minutes earlier. Fortunately, the only thing he missed were the make-up artists and as he knows, he doesn't need any of them. He usually spent this time talking with others or accompanying them.

    He cleared his throat, putting a mask on his face, to be, at some point, unrecognizable.

    "I am so sorry for being that late- I forgot my wallet at home so I had to come here on foot."

    "Lapiiiiiiis-!"

    A girly voice could be heard, coming from none other than CherryBean. Brunette haired woman with red eyes, accompanied by a slight orange, who still had her make-up artists near her. The most famous female streamer in all of the world. For her friends, simply, Hu Tao.

    "Greetings." Zhongli could say that she would immediately jump on him if she wasn't busy.

    "Oh? And I was already expecting you not to come?"

    "Ah, of course." Zhongli smiled under the mask at one blue-haired man with blue eyes, going by the name Kaeya, or, on social media, CavalryCaptain. Gamer who is known for his late streams and conflicts with his brother while streaming with him.

    "Huuuh- you forgot your wallet again?" CherryBean reacted at Zhongli's response from earlier.

    Zhongli just smiled and sat down on the couch near other content creators.

    "What a shame you haven't revealed your face. I am sure you would have a lot more followers than you have now."

    Another familiar voice could be heard. Of course Zhongli knew who it was. ChiefAlchemist or, as his friends can address him, Albedo, known as the streamer focused on experiments.

    He didn't know the other two. One guy with a little longer dark-blue hair, but they were still quite short, with a hint of cyan with light brown-eyes and a light-blue-haired guy with short hair, eyes almost the same color.

    CherryBean's make-up artists just finished what they started and she approached rexlapis to greet him once again. "Oh yes, these two are Chongyun and Xingqiu. They are not using nicknames."

    These two looked up after they heard their own names, and they greeted him in sync.

    "They are really famous for their pranks and also- their channel is full of discussions about the content of books…."

    Zhongli nodded, waving at them. He could say that Hu wasn't really happy with their content. She may enjoy pranks but books are a big 'no-no' to her.

    "Alright, everyone's here?" The manager from staff, Aether, at least that's what he had written on his name tag, came into the room, looking at the streamers and going through some list.

    "Right. Where's DarkKnight?"

    CalvaryCaptain laughed at his question a little bit, answering.

    "My brother has no interest in spending time with me by my side while livestreaming some TV show."

    "What a shame. Okay, well, we're getting started in an hour! Now you have time for random activities or streaming. I'll say when it is time." Everyone nodded in understanding and Aether left.

-

    Chongyun and Xingqiu were reading some books together and others were having a good time while talking to each other.

    "I need to get something done in a hurry. I'll join you again later." Zhongli stood up after others nodded in understanding, and he walked to the manager's door, knocking on them.

    "Come in!"

    Zhongli opened the door a little, slided in and closed them. "I just.. wanted to ask.. where I will be sitting."

    "Ahhh- yes! Now that you asked. You see that chair in the corner? That's your place. There's no need to worry! The camera will be set so viewers won't be able to see your face." Manager smiled at him, which made Zhongli feel a little bit better.

    He remained in the manager's office, talking about random things. But after a while, it was almost time.

    How could 55 minutes have passed so fast? It seems that when a person is really enjoying the moments and having fun with others, even an hour is too little.

    "You should go change your clothes as you planned. We're starting in five minutes!"

    At that Zhongli nodded and walked through the hallway, where the others were, to the cabins.