» Embarrassed «

"Ah, sorry for my father… but he's too busy every time." Ajax said as soon as their father left again and he sighed.

    "He is… actually busy for.. years now- I don't like how he's overworking himself… but- he said he enjoys his work so…"

    Ajax shrugged and Zhongli spoke up.

    "It's fine. Thank you for the lunch, it was delicious. If you will excuse me, I will get going now."

    Ajax' his eyes widened. "You are going already?" He asked and his voice cracked a little bit.

    Their mother turned her head to him, saying confused. "I thought you were staying."

    "No! Please don't go- I want you
to stay." Teucer hugged him tightly. "Please…"

    Teucer's puppy eyes were irresistible. At least that's what Ajax thought, but Zhongli wasn't changing his opinion.

    "Zhongliiiii- stay with us-" Ajax begged and Tonya joined them too. Words 'stay with us' were repeating for a few seconds, being spoken by Ajax and his little siblings.

    Zhongli thought for a while, and then he nodded, answering after he realized he had quite a lot of time until the event. "Alright. I am staying. I have nothing to do anyways."

    All of them kinda squeaked. This time with Anthon too. And a chat started.

    Tonya was having a small conversation with Teucer, Ajax was giving his attention to Anthon and their mother was talking to Zhongli.

    "Well then. Tell us something more about Ajax."

    Their mother asked him, looking forward to the answer. Everyone stopped their conversation, waiting.

    "Hm.. I would gladly, but.. Ajax didn't give me an approval to say something about him." Zhongli answered politely and Ajax bursted out laughing.

    "Zho-Zhongli, what the hell? Just say something about me. I don't mind at all~"

    He said, trying to laugh quietly and Tonya stared at him with 'I hope you know where the barrier is' look.

    "Okay.. Any special requests of what exactly I should try to talk about?"

    Tonya spoke up first, specifying the question. "How is he at school?"

    "To be completely honest.." Zhongli started and Ajax knew he may mess up once again.

    "Ajax is not a problem in our class. He is polite and behaves nicely, his grades are good too, though, the only problem we are solving right now is that he gets bored so easily. But, it is not a big deal to find some activity for him."

    Ajax smirked as he remembered standing on the professor's desk, recreating the scene of Titanic, without Rose. He was looking at Zhongli with head placed on his hands. He couldn't hear anything for a good while, but then, some words dragged him to reality.

    He realized Zhongli was already answering another question. How long has he been in that state? He simply brushed it off, straightening up, listening to his voice even if he didn't know what they were talking about anyway, focusing on his mother's question, thinking that Tonya might have seen him and sensed something.

    "Are there any problems with Ajax streaming?"

    "Ajax being a content creator? Yes, indeed. There is a… huge problem with that. It is not that I don't like streamers or anything. What I meant is that this problem is more complicated. If I would specify this more, the whole thing is.."

    Zhongli trailed off and his expression got rather sad. Even after this, he continued.

    "..his fans."

    It took him a while to speak up again. Those words hurt him. He didn't know why. Ajax was listening as he was talking about him as his close friend… no- more than that. Or- at least he thought? And he also realized that his facial expression changed to a sad one, so he was preparing something to say.

    "His fans are… interesting. I am not saying that they are making some bad fan-base, but some of them don't have their limits."

    This time, Ajax joined the conversation, finishing the whole answer instead of Zhongli.

    "Zhongli is right.. I can't simply say when enough is enough… When you were all at the grandparents' house, I was having some issues even coming home. They were just everywhere… and when I said I am not in the mood, they just laughed and duplicated-... So I was more than happy when Zhongli got me out of there. We also got a key to the side-doors as the only one at school… because of my problem."

    Ajax stared at the floor and Zhongli continued, to make things a little bit brighter.

    "I must add, in our class, the whole fan-base is actually quite fine. They are talking to him with respect of course, and there are some issues too, but most of the time, they are talking to Ajax more like to a friend or classmate, then to a famous streamer, which I am, indeed, happy about."

    Their mother nodded at those answers in understanding. Then she turned her sight at Ajax, to who was Tonya slowly approaching, whispering something in his ear.

    "Are you alright?" At Tonya's question Ajax slightly nodded, still glaring at Zhongli, with his head put on his arms.

    She continued whispering. "I know you like him. You two are such a cute couple."

    She giggled at that and Ajax stood up as his face reddened. Of course she noticed his zoning out!

    "YOU-"

    Tonya was already running away with joy and laughter, and Ajax was chasing her, blushing, but probably all pissed off.

    "YOU WILL TAKE THAT BACK!" Ajax stumbled as they were running around the table. He hissed in pain but he somehow managed to run after her.

    Zhongli and their mother were sitting there completely speechless, meanwhile Teucer and Anthon left for their room. Suddenly a bathroom door shut.

    Ajax calmed down. After all, he just overreacted. Tonya was just messing around and he, of course, does not like Zhongli at all. He has a crush on a faceless streamer, or?

    No- no.. No doubts Ajax- you like rexlapis even you don't how he looks. But Zhongli is prett- NO. Stop it! Focus..

    He brushed off these thoughts, now knocking on the door.

    "Open the door, Tonya!"

    "Na-ah." the muted voice of Tonya could be heard.

    "Come onnn- I need to go in there…."

    After these words and a while, the door unlocked. Tonya walked past her brother, and she couldn't forget to say a note.

    "You're too bad at hiding emotions, Ajax~"

    He stared at her for a couple of seconds and entered the bathroom after she was out of his sight.