» Habits «

Their mom just came back as Zhongli finished his sentence. She spoke up after a while.

    "Ajax, Can you show him the house so he won't get lost?"

    Well. He had already shown Zhongli the whole house when he was at his party yesterday, but another home-tour wouldn't kill them, right?

    Ajax just smiled, nodding, dragging Zhongli from his seat now, though Zhongli didn't move even an inch.

    "Give him a little space. He can walk-"

    His mother smiled at Zhongli, at which Ajax let him go. Zhongli smiled back at her, not standing up, just sitting there. Then she realized.

    "Oh- Are you waiting for my approval?" She giggled. "That's cute."

    "Oh my-" He was laughing for a while. "Zhongli! Again? Just stand up and come."

    "Right- sorry…"

    "No need to apologize." Ajax' mother smiled, walking off to the kitchen again.

    "Zhongli- not gonna lie- That was nice of you. But- bear in mind that we have different habits and traditions at home than you do." Ajax added as they were walking through the house, ending up in his room and he closed the doors.

    "Zhongli.." Ajax spoke up. "Can I ask you something personal too?"

    "Sure, go ahead." Zhongli agreed to his question, letting him ask whatever he wanted.

    "What's your gender preference..... ?" Ajax smirked when he finished his question, then specified it a bit to not drag Zhongli to confusion again. "By that I mean if you prefer relationship with a gi-"

    Ajax' words got cut off by Zhongli, answering. "I see what you mean, simply put… I wouldn't mind dating a man. Why do you ask?"

    Zhongli lowered his head a little after remembering something from his past, staring at the floor, but he looked at him fast enough after that happened. The thing that was bothering him before simply dissolved away.

    Ajax wasn't expecting that long answer, though, he didn't mind at all. He heard what he wanted.

    "I don't know.." He trailed off after approaching Zhongli who took a step back as a reflex. "I was just…"

    "Ajax?" Zhongli said his name when Ajax was too close to him and he had no escape because of the wall behind his back.

    "..curious." He finished his parted sentence, looking straight into his eyes. After a while, he leaned closer.

    "Zhongli… I think I have fallen in love with two people at once."

    He whispered and a slight chuckle escaped his mouth, after saying something which won't be that understandable for the other."I like you, Zhongli."

    Then he took a few steps back, leaving Zhongli a little space.

    "Ajax- I know what you said, I don't know if you're aware of that."

    Ajax gulped loudly and rubbed the back of his head. He said it in Russian, or he just thought?

    After a few minutes of staring at each other, (well, mainly Ajax staring at his classmate and his classmate just staring at the wall behind him) after what happened, Zhongli's phone rang again. He knew it was time.

    "I.. really should go now, Ajax. Don't take it wrong."

    "Oh…" Ajax wanted to ask if it was because of what he did but he saw the incoming call on Zhongli's screen. "Can I… go with you? I would like to meet your parents now."

    "I am afraid that is not possible. Thank you for everything." He said when he saw their mother standing near the doorframe.

    She nodded, smiling widely.

    WHAT THE FUCK- For how long she's been standing there?!

   Ajax questioned and panicked. Did she see what he did? Did she hear all of it? Though his mother hasn't mentioned anything about if and was behaving normally, so he huffed in relief. And Zhongli walked past him and his mother to the hallway.

    "Thank you for your stay. I hope you will come again soon. We really enjoyed your company!"

    Ajax' mother said as Zhongli was already putting his coat on him. Ajax was just… sad.

    Wasn't it really because of what he did? What if that call was just a camouflage? He shook his head, immediately brushing those terrible thoughts away. Zhongli was kind, he wouldn't do that.

    At Ajax' mother's words Zhongli nodded and the door was opened by his classmate's hand. He walked out, waving 'goodbye' to his family, though Ajax was not ready to be alone again.