» Gate «

This week passed by smoothly, it was already Friday. Nothing really happened, well except the delivery of the new vending machine that was dragged here, but no one was really using it.

These days were rather cloudy and rainy, but it was fine. Ajax spent these days on social media, Zhongli didn't even start the stream once. There was no need...

His viewers were too busy playing and talking about the new game that was just revealed on Steam. There's no need to drag them from playing it. He wants them to have fun and when Twitter and Twitch will be back to normal, not spammed with news and people won't talk about that game too much, he may stream again.

The morning was surprisingly great. It was sunny outside, but the temperature was not very comparable.

This time, Ajax caught up with him, not talking about anything, which meant something was wrong.

After approaching the main gate, they figured out it was closed.

"Does this happen often?" Ajax asked after looking at the lock. Zhongli shook his head, immediately checking the school website.

"There are no messages about closing for today.." Ajax looked down, thinking about the solution after coming up with an idea.

"We can try the back gate." After he said that, he was already walking in that direction.

Zhongli was following him, to his surprise, the gate was opened.

"Hah, I knew it."

Ajax was proud that he was right, finally.

"Mh... right.." Zhongli opened the door into the building, walking in.

"You haven't forgotten, have you?" He asked after a while, coming up the stairs.

Zhongli looked at him, shaking his head, "No, I didn't. No worries." Ajax smirked, waiting until the school would end.

"Can you follow me for a second?" He asked and walked in the opposite direction where their classroom was.

"I forgot to buy lunch for myself." he added, approaching the vending machine.

Zhongli was standing behind him as he was trying to buy something.

Unfortunately, when Ajax threw the coins in it, the coins got stuck. He tried to get them back, but it was useless.

"You're joking-" Ajax was trying everything he could, meanwhile Zhongli was just looking at him, smiling slightly.

He turned around, looking mad at Zhongli, "Instead of smiling.. Can you do something useful?"

After cutting his words, their professor saw them, already coming near Ajax, holding keys in his hand. Ajax walked a couple of steps backwards, letting the professor get near it.

He opened the vending machine, telling him to take something. Ajax nodded, and after taking something and walked away, feeling really embarrassed.

It took Ajax a while to start speaking again. "You.. Accepted my invite, right?"

Zhongli nodded, walking to the classroom.

"Mhhh.. Should I give you the details? I will need your help." he said, trying to drag him out of the class in the worst possible time. The bell rang, so Ajax let him go, waking in too.