» Road Back Home «

"Ah, there you are! I thought you already left." Ajax said when he saw Zhongli waiting for them near the second door to the shop.

Teucer immediately rushed near him, speaking up, so his brother wouldn't mess things up.

"Your name is... Zhongli, right?" Teucer smiled widely, already happy about Zhongli being his new 'brother'.

Zhongli kneeled down to get his eyes at the same level as Teucer's, at which Ajax smiled.

"I believe it is."

Teucer smiled even more, excited, probably too much. He was already looking forward to the adventures they can experience together. With Ajax too, of course. He wanted to go somewhere right now but... lunch will be ready soon and he really loves mother's cooking.

"Alright, alright." Ajax approached them, putting hand on Zhongli's shoulder, who was just standing up.

"Jokes aside, now you're going with us. And you, Teucer." he stared at his little brother. "Next time, I will watch you eat breakfast."

Teucer just stared at him too, crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out. Ajax wasn't making a big deal of it, after all, his brother is still young, so this behavior was acceptable, at least in his opinion.

Teucer was already walking forward happily. He already forgot that he didn't eat breakfast this morning.

"Ajax, I..." Zhongli spoke up as soon as Ajax started to follow his little brother.

"You?"

"I..." Zhongli sighed, continuing after a while. "I don't think this is a good idea. After all, we know each other only for-"

"A year! Yes, Zhongli, I know." Ajax laughed and began to walk forward.

"Ajax- it is barely a week.."

"Ah, right... but, it seemed like a year for me-" Ajax laughed once again, walking at the same level as Zhongli. He enjoyed walking near his good friend.

Teucer heard what he said as they were already just a few centimeters behind him. "Only a week?" he asked, completely confused.

"Oh- uhm... well- Yeah?" Ajax answered, after the realization and remembered his past.

"You know him only for a week and already gave him your real name?" Teucer was even more confused, after Ajax agreed.

"Wait, wha-"

Ajax managed to cut Zhongli's words with his laughter, but Teucer already heard and saw Zhongli's confusion.

"You don't know about it?" he was now speaking to Zhongli, standing at one place to catch up with him, while ignoring Ajax' mumbling.

"Well... I guess I don't... What do you mean by that?"

Teucer smiled widely, saying the whole story. "My brother is a streamer, you know that, right?"

Teucer was waiting for Zhongli's response. As soon as Zhongli nodded, he continued.

"And- he goes by Tartaglia on Twitch and other things."

Zhongli hummed before speaking up. "Yes. I know about that."

"Mkay... anddd- he had many friends but.... He never felt like telling his real name to them."

Zhongli could see how Ajax bowed his head down. Probably a strong wave of sadness came through his mind, or many memories, but even after that, Ajax remained silent. Teucer noticed too, so he was trying to speak as fast as possible.

"His friends were addressing him as Childe. He never said his real name to them even after years of friendship."

Teucer was now speaking wisely, though still quickly. He was probably preparing this for a long time, or his parents helped him with this speech.

"Childe?"

Teucer nodded and Ajax, going by the name Tartaglia on social media, and now Childe too, looked up at him.

"Mh.. Teucer is right.. You are the first friend who knows my real name.. Well- if I can still take you as my friend..." Ajax spoke up and bowed his head down once again.

"Of course you can."

Ajax smiled a little bit. These words made him feel better, and being spoken by Zhongli, by Zhongli's deep voice, the words calmed him down.

"Should I address you by Childe then?" Zhongli asked him, wanting to hear his preference, so he wouldn't make him uncomfortable while addressing him by Ajax. Teucer was just listening to their conversation, walking slowly with them.

"N-no.. Please don't..."

Zhongli hummed in understanding, and the conversation turned to complete silence.

Teucer was now more jumping from right leg to left leg then walking, which was quite interesting. After all, he was the one gathering the boxes of cereal and candies in his backpack. It probably wasn't that big a weight.

Those three were walking quietly, no one knew how to start the conversation, so the silence lasted until they came into Ajax' house.