» One Step Forward «

He woke up feeling really fresh. This morning wasn't that bad as yesterday. No chaos outside, fresh air after the thunder was amazing.

He got himself ready for school, packing books and other things. This time, he got more time to do his lunch, which was good.

Walk to the school was so calming. No one was in the streets, at least he thought.

"Ah! There you are!" said someone approaching him from behind, "I knew I saw you somewhere.." it was Ajax, barely catching breath, smiling, but his smile faded away quickly.

"Something happened?" Zhongli asked while walking forward.

"No- no.. Pff- nothing. Were you on my stream yesterday?"

Zhongli shook his head a little bit, "Only for a couple of minutes.. Why?"

That was the answer Ajax was expecting.

"So you don't know about those 10,000 bucks I sent?"

Zhongli remained silent, not wanting to say anything. He can't lie, he can't tell the truth, at least not now.

"You didn't? Okay so- I was streaming yesterday and... rexlapis was streaming too." he huffed, while still trying to catch his breath,

"His stream was nice and since it was a talking stream, I took the opportunity to ask him something."

Zhongli nodded, slowing down a little so Ajax could catch up.

"And.. Well- I sent 10,000 bucks with a question and.. My question wasn't answered... Instead of answering, he shut down the stream and asked for my PayPal, so he can send it back..

"But I wanted him to keep the money..." Ajax sighed, after looking at Zhongli, "You wouldn't do that, would you?"

Zhongli smiled, answering his question simply, "I would. 10,000 is really a big sum."

Ajax smiled too, nodding, "Right... but I was texting with him! Me, Ajax, going by the name Tartaglia on Twitch with two million followers was texting with rexlapis.. with sixty-eight million followers..." His eyes got almost covered in tears of happiness.

Zhongli's mind was filled with thoughts, "You look so happy.. It was really that exciting?"

Ajax turned his head to him, "It was more than exciting... It was amazing!"

Zhongli blushed a little bit, looking behind him after looking back again.

"What? Weird feeling?" Ajax asked immediately.

Zhongli, shook his head, "No.. Just-." Ajax shrugged, not letting him finish his sentence.

"Alright. Do you have any plans for today? We can watch rexlapis' stream together if he'll be streaming."

"I will see.." Ajax nodded after Zhongli answered his question.

"I was doubting that you are like the others but.. You aren't, which I am happy about!" he said and came closer to him, questioning his thoughts and sorting them into categories in his head.

"I don't know why.. But I feel like rexlapis is so pretty."

Ajax said after a while, blushing at his own words, feeling a little bit embarrassed as Zhongli didn't say anything.

"Aw man... I- I have a crush on a faceless streamer..." he tried to joke about it, waiting for Zhongli to say something.

Zhongli just laughed and Ajax looked at him confused a little bit,

"What?" he was surprised that Zhongli actually laughed on his joke.

"Is it really that funny? Alright!" he said, feeling a little better. "I'll meet you at school." Ajax said, already walking to one of the shops. Zhongli shrugged gently, continuing his own trail.

It was already 5 minutes until the bell would announce the class and Ajax was nowhere to be seen.

Everyone was in the classroom except him. Zhongli really didn't think about it too much, he was just waiting.

"Sorry- I had a little problem there.." Ajax said, sitting down. To his surprise, no one ran near him when he came in. Zhongli nodded, focusing on something.

"What's wrong? I know I promised but.."

Zhongli sighed, smiling, "I see, being a streamer is not that easy a deal."

Ajax just shook his head, "No, it's pretty easy but.. I can't tell people when it is too much.. That's my whole problem." As Ajax finished this sentence, he lay on the desk, looking at him.

"It's a shame that you have no interest in playing games with me.. You look like someone who probably knows how to play and a new teammate is welcomed every time."

Zhongli smiled, "I am not sure if I am really that good player you think."

Ajax just shook his head, speaking up again with total nonsense even out of topic, "Doesn't matter, I just hope you've got a webcam, I could look at you forev-" he cut off his words, clearing his throat, pretending he never said anything like that.

Zhongli too, rather forgot about what he said.

"Do you think that there's a chance of meeting rexlapis on street?" Ajax tried to save the situation.

Zhongli looked at him, nodding, "And.. Do I have that chance?" he nodded again, focusing on something.

"Right.. Anyways- What are you doing, huh?" Zhongli twitched as Ajax put his head near his hand.

"If I were you, I wouldn't do this-'' He said while Zhongli was still focusing on repairing a pen.

"It will break-"

Zhongli just smiled, continuing to repair. Ajax was mad at him for not listening, but his madness faded away when he looked at the fully repaired pen. Zhongli gave it to its owner, to the boy, who was laughing yesterday. He thanked Zhongli and walked away.

"Right.." Zhongli laughed and the bell rang. "Of course it broke." Ajax struck an embarrassed face expression, standing up.