» Past May Change Your Point Of View «

"Hey mom! We are back!" Ajax said really loudly, while taking off his and Teucer's coat, waiting for Zhongli to do so too. The echo was spreading throughout the whole house.

"You're back already?"

A voice of a little bit older woman could be heard, probably coming from the kitchen. At least, that's what Zhongli thought after he heard some baking tray falling down on the floor. Ajax put the three coats on the hangers.

After that, they heard some mumbling and saw a woman figure approaching, straightening her clothes.

Zhongli hid behind Ajax, not to be the main point of attention, and he just got it done before she was too close.

"So sorry... I wasn't expecting that you would return that soon. Oh?"

She trailed off after she saw someone standing behind her oldest son. After all, Zhongli was a little bit taller than Ajax, so hiding behind him was probably useless.

"Is that-... your friend?" She walked a little bit closer and Ajax nodded, stepping aside, which revealed Zhongli behind him.

It took Zhongli a while to start speaking and introducing himself.

"Ah, I'm sorry for my behavior... I am Zhongli. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said and bowed down.

So polite. Ajax was thinking about Zhongli's words. Though, it took him a while- but, that's fiiine, that's absolutely fineeee- He laughed at that.

"Pleasure on my side! Welcome!" Ajax' mother giggled, already walking off.

"The lunch is done! I hope it will be to your liking!" She added.

Ajax meanwhile took the backpack from his little brother which he was holding, following his mother slowly, and Teucer was rushing to the kitchen after them. They were really looking forward to lunch, that's why it took Ajax a while to realize that Zhongli was still standing near the doors and he wasn't following him.

"Zhongli!" He turned around, walking his way back to the door, he snapped with his fingers to hide his terrible mistake. How could he not notice?

"Are you coming or not?" He smiled at him.

Zhongli didn't give him a response. He was just standing there, looking down.

"You good?" Ajax put a hand on his shoulder, asking more worryingly. Did he do something? Did he make Zhongli uncomfortable? Did he-..?

Zhongli just nodded, avoiding eye contact, which Ajax was trying to make. Ah- so I didn't. Or?

He still wasn't completely sure he didn't do something that made Zhongli a little bit insecure and anxious, but he simply brushed it off, speaking up again. He was in need to do it.

"Come oooon~" Ajax' arm slided to Zhongli's wrist, already dragging him to the kitchen. "Also- no need to bow down." He added as they were passing by the huge hallway.

Zhongli just smiled slightly and Ajax continued.

"Ah, right. You will meet my dad soon too. He usually comes back from work at twelve which is-" Ajax took out his phone from his pocket, checking the time. "-in ten minutes."

"Right.." Zhongli didn't say anything else as he saw Ajax' siblings already sitting at the chairs near the table.

"Ajax!" His siblings said in sync as soon as Ajax put down Teucer's backpack and unpacked the boxes of cereal, already putting them on the shelves. Though, he was still holding Zhongli, dragging him all the way here and there.

"Ajax?" Their mother cleared her throat before she spoke up and Ajax turned around, facing mother's slight smirk.

"Right... Sorry-" he let go of Zhongli's hand, apologizing. He didn't realize-.. Not until now.

"Who's that?" His sister, who was only a few years younger than him, asked. She was expecting everything but... not this.

"That's Zhongli, my friend and also co-sitter."

He introduced him to his siblings, but he knew that he would need to introduce him once more to his dad, though he didn't mind it at all.

"Another friend?" His sister said rather awkwardly, crossing her arms. "Tsk-"