Jealousy - jj maybank

Y/n had to have a little get together with her family. Her parents, her younger sister, her grandparents, and great aunt an uncle, as well as her uncle and cousin all had to be there. She didn't think much of it as she thought would be nice.

"Sorry guys.. I can't tonight I have a family gathering! So therefore I have to call in sick to work, which means I get the day off school." I said happily that I'm finally getting a day off.

"Bummer.. oh well have fun" John b said as they all waved good bye.

6pm

Y/n really enjoyed family gatherings. Everyone would make hilarious jokes as they were close. Eventually Y/n got a little bored with it all and went out to the trampoline, lied down and watched the stars. She lied there for about half an hour until cake time.

"Why are we having a cake?" Her mother asked.

"Because we don't always have to have no desert." Your grandmother said.

"Right.." Your mother replied.

"I made the cake by the way" Your sister said. She knew how to cook, you didn't.

"It's a very lovely cake y/s/n." Your grandfather complimented.

"So y/n. What did you do to contribute to this gathering?" Your grandmother asked.

You stayed there silent before saying. " I had the day off" I said quietly. My grandmother looked away and sighed. I wasn't close to perfect like my sister. She can cook, I can't. She gets good grades. I don't. She can eat cake without gaining weight. She can act normal. She can have normal sleep. She can be favourited. She can be so many more things than you would ever be.

"Y/n? Would you liked some cake?" Your mother asked.

"Yes please." You replied. You looked up to your mother giving out prices to everybody but you. You just looked back down fiddling with your fingers. Eventually you got up and went to your room. You heard everyone leave and then started crying silently. Until you heard a knock on your window.

You looked over and there was jj, your boyfriend. You got up out of bed and opened the window to let him in.

"Hey princ-" He cut himself off after looking at your swollen eyes and red face. You go back to laying down in your bed amd close your eyes, crying. You felt a dip in the bed and an arm wrap around your waist pulling you towards him. You eventually calmed down from his embrace. You turned over to face him. Him already looking at you, kissed your forehead. You smiled slightly.

"Now do you wanna tell me what's going on?" He asked hopeful. You nodded and explained your jealousy toward your sister. He didn't interrupt you with anything. He just listened.

"Baby, don't compare yourself to her, your so much more." He said re assuringly.

"How jj? How will I be any better? I'm failing school. Cant cook. Not pretty enough. Don't have a normal sleep schedule. I'm not favourited. Gain weight easily.. what can I do that she can't?" I said quietly.

"You can be kind, adoring, and sweet. She isn't. She's a pogue but acts like a stuck up, snobby kook since she has 'good grades' to attend the kook academy." He said while holding you tightly.

You just hugged him and fell asleep after hearing the assurance she needed.