Chapter 33: Story of Tragedy

Sana

I could think of worse things I've done.

Stupider things.

I couldn't really think of any at the moment, but denying the fact they existed was incorrect as well.

But that being said, grabbing onto Sasuke Uchiha just before the portal swallowed and captured him whole. She only wanted to separate him from Naruto, so she didn't really watch out for me and being unseen and evasive was becoming easier as of late. It was almost as if she didn't even consider me to be here. Although I had no problem being ignored, as I'd rather that than be attacked.

"Where am I?" Sasuke muttered his back in the cushion of sand, me sprawled out next to him.

"She has the power to travel dimensions. Looks like it's a weapon too." I muttered, and his gaze snapped to me in realization.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He snapped, the moment we reached the sand filled solid land of a desert.

"I don't know. My body moved on its own!" I found myself snapping back in return, like that of a child. I knew there was no point in arguing with him. I knew that, and yet it didn't seem to matter.

"You are so annoying," he retorted and my eyes narrowed.

"You were much cuter when you were a kid!"

"Where the hell did that come from?"

"Where the hell did you come from?" I retorted, my voice growing louder since there wasn't exactly anyone around but him to hear my sudden loss of composure at his rapidly changing and moody personality.

"You're acting like you're surprised. Did you hit your head or something?"

"Maybe I did. What would you know?" I replied, poking his chest. "The first time I see you in two years and you choke me. You raised a hand to me."

"What are you talking about, you're not making any sense."

I went silent, my eyes wide. I was getting close to telling him. I was getting so close to screaming it to him. It had only been two years and I had missed so much. I was running at full speed and yet I was still so far behind.

"You're immortal. What does it even matter to you?"

I scoffed. "Who cares if I'm immortal. It doesn't change the fact that I can clearly feel pain. And despite what impression you may have gotten from me..."

"Does it bother you?"

"Of course it bothers me, you idiot."

"You look like Sana, but you're struggling to act like her. You have started calling me 'Sasuke-san'. I haven't heard you use a single honorific since academy and Konoha years. The you that I thought I knew seems to have disappeared and the you I was getting used to, the useful version, is gone too and now I'm stuck with some idiot," he said in reply and I shook my head.

"I haven't changed. I'm consistent. If anyone actually changed, it's you." I found myself, wanting to cry. "I want to go back to the team 7 we used to be." I want my life back.

I couldn't say the last part but he seemed to understand it anyway.

"What happened to you?"