Chapter 16: Kitsumori

       I spun, bored, in my chair since there was literally nothing to do. I had already told Madara about what happened, so now I was stuck with babysitting. If I didn't know better, I'd say Madara stuck me with this job just to be a jerk and mock me later.

        I groaned as I looked at the clock, it had already been four hours since I had started spinning in this chair. Something like this can only amuse me for so long. More than that, I was antsy, perhaps even anxious, both unfamiliar to me. 

      My ears perked up at the feeling of a new presence inside the room. A bright grin fell upon my lips at Zetsu's presence. I abruptly threw my arms around the plant's neck. He gave me a slightly unhappy frown. 

       "Get off," he ordered and I snuggled closer to him. "You're like a child."

      "Do I get to fight? Sidelining me will do nothing in the end," I asked, my voice suave and bright. Zetsu's eyes wavered to the side and the smallest of smirks rested on his lips.

      "Madara told me to tell you that you're doing a good job, and to keep doing what you're doing," Zetsu said, my bright smile disappeared into an annoyed frown.

      "You're kidding," I asked, a slight edge to my voice.

       "I am not much for humor," Zetsu said. My eye twitched and I pushed Zetsu back into the portal that he had come out of. His presence disappeared, no doubt appearing next to Madara.

        Man, fuck Uchiha Sasuke.

¥❁¥

      It was actually rather lonely around the hideout. Zetsu had finally taken over most of the duty of watching Sasuke, but I still kept my senses open to any rise of Chakra. After all, I knew Sasuke. The first chance he got, he's going to try and wreak havoc.

      I trusted that boy, but at that same time, I didn't. How could I though? He's reckless and does things on mere whims. He changes his mind without thinking much about it. It was sometimes hard to predict what he would do.

       In all honesty, I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to watch Sasuke anymore. I wanted to go outside, but that would mean disobeying Madara. I wouldn't want to see a frown on that cute face of his, figuratively speaking of course.

      Then there's the revenged obsessed Sasuke whom I don't want to see sad. 

       A loud crash erupted in the other road. A bright rise in Chakra fell through the cracks of the hideout. I was across the room in seconds and rushing to the larger corridors.

       Black flames sprouted across the room, Amaterasu erupted around the open doorway I had barely just gone through. Sasuke was in the middle of the room, his eyes now uncovered. I looked over at Zetsu with a frown upon my face.