Chapter 2: Tsurigakure

"The problem with today's world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it

"The problem with today's world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!"

― Brian Cox

       "Look at this. Do mine eyes deceive me or is it noon and you're still sober?" I greeted with a happy smile from under my Anbu mask as Tsunade glanced up from the paperwork at my entrance.

       "Ah. It's you. If we are going to have to talk any longer than necessary, trust me when I say I can turn that around fast," she said as she inspected the mission log I place in front of her. It was thorough, not that I had wrote it myself since busywork was not my thing. Still, Arisu had her uses, and getting me out of homework was a worthy use of my resources. "Still want that mission out of the village then?"

       "I do," I answered, careful to not look too ready to go, since that would be suspicious and Tsunade was nosy.

      "May I ask why? Shouldn't you want to catch up with your reunited teammates?" Tsunade asked, taking out a bottle of rum from underneath her desk and pouring herself a glass. I raised a brow, not bothering to hide my grimace since my mask did that for me anyway. Team bonding was not my thing, and I didn't want to get strung along in their team seven drama. I had my own shit to work through.

      "I can always catch up with them when I am back," I said told her, motioning her to pour me a glass. As she scoffed and readied one for me, I took off my mask.

       "You know they are going to have to eventually get a new teammate to replace Sasuke. There can't be a team with just two Shinobi," she sighed and I nodded. I grabbed the glass and took a sip.

          "It will happen one way or another. Of course I can't just quit Anbu for them," I answered. "Unless you decide reassignment is for the best, Tsunade."

       "No, you can't," she answered, her gaze connecting with mine. "How is that other mission going, Sana?" The mention of this made me stick out my tongue to show the seal placed on it by Danzo's Jutsu. She sighed, the conversation ending there about anything Danzo related. I couldn't wait to remove the seal entirely, but for now, it was a convenient way to end conversation which suited my purposes just fine. 

       "You really buy the good stuff, babe," I told her, sitting on her desk as I took a deep drink of the alcohol. 

     "Well, when I took this job, one of my conditions is a never ending stash. My overweening ambition knows no bounds." Tsunade smiled again, and I scoffed, holding out my drink for her to pour more into the glass. 

        "Nice to know those tax dollars are supporting your addictions." I drank the whiskey until I reached the dregs. "Still, about that mission."