Chapter 22: Creepy Voice

The rain was more than just drizzling now

       The rain was more than just drizzling now. It felt like buckets of water were being dumped onto my head with no regard to how I may feel about it. I was freezing and damp like a cat that was forced out of a pool. I didn't hold the crown for "attractive in the rain". I knew that much. I definitely didn't hold Sasuke or Sena's way of looking beautiful no matter what they did. Confidence, she would say, is everything. Shame you doubt everything you do.

       My heart stung at the thought. I really had to forget about her. She's dead. What's wrong with me? I act like a stupid girl after a breakup. Sena was trying to kill me. Why am I the one who has to be guilty when she wouldn't be?

        Ugh, all these thoughts aren't getting me anywhere. I just want to find a nice roof and get out of this cold, blinding rain.

      Sasuke said we'd set up camp soon. How I looked forward to that. He said only a quick break, but that was good enough for me.

      I was going to lose my mind. I had never really seen Sasuke as a man before, but watching the rain trail down his face as he looked at me set me on edge. In my defense, it was hard to see anyone as a man when they spent so much time being a literal bitch. He was still a big bitch, but at least he had grown into his bitchass muscles which were eye-catching. Not that I was looking for too long.

       Sasuke suddenly went rigid at a new presence and this caused me to slam into his back. I frowned angrily as my nose slammed roughly into his back. It was rather uncomfortable and now I was sure I'd have a bruise for a few seconds. Veins spread across my face, causing me to wince at the burn that they brought with them, but they soon disappeared, taking any pain they brought with them.

       Sometimes I wondered how that Kekkei Genkai worked, but sadly, I had no one to ask. Everyone who could answer is now officially dead.

       I scowled up at Sasuke for suddenly stopping, but he wasn't even aware of me, and instead, he was looking at a small army of weird albino men who kind of reminded me of the one called "Zetsu" who I had met earlier.

        I had no idea what was going on, but it seemed Sasuke knew everything.

      "You already found me?" he murmured in an arrogant, but slightly emotionless tone. We are on the main road. Not like it was hard. I blinked at the sudden thought but smiled in agreement with myself. I was fairly certain I was going crazy, but everyone had to cope differently. I wasn't used too being alone.

       Who the hell was I going to tell anyway? I didn't have any friends.

       That thought was depressing, so I decided to not think anymore.

      "Why are you here?" One of the Zetsu clones shouted.

      "...I don't have any.... particular reason," Sasuke answered, and one of the Zetsu clones finally noticed my tiny body shivering behind Sasuke. Every time I was too cold my Kekkei Genkai would activate and make me normal temperature again, but then I would become freezing again so it would continue on like that. The constant veins slithering over my body was increasingly bothersome, painful, and uncontrollable.