Chapter 20: Madara & Sena

This is a flashback chapter. I feel like it's been a while since I've had one of these. Not to mention I need something to fill the time while Sasuke is taking his sweet time to reappear in the manga...C:

One thing that is important to know is that this is focused on Sena, not Sana. Sana had never talked or met Madara.

            Madara's hand punched into the wall, his long black hair covered his eyes, which were no doubt shadowed in anger. Hatred was obvious. Who did he hate? That much was also obvious to infer.

            I blinked my eyes and lifted myself up from my seat and I leaned against the wall he had just smashed his fist into. He put his forehead to the dry wall, trying to get control of his wavering emotions. Madara Uchiha was a man who never lost complete control, and he definitely wouldn't start doing so around me.

            I didn't say anything; I just continued to lean against the wall, my eyes staring blankly outside the window.

            "You were right, they want to make peace with the Senju," he finally said after a moment of silence. My lips twitched upward but with little effort, I swallowed my amusement, as my face remained blank.

            Of course, I was right. I was always right. It was genetics. Guessing the actions, especially in times of war, had always been one of my stronger traits since I've been alive long enough to observe humanity. Their actions weren't one to surprise me anymore, as even the most unpredictable people had a tendency to be oddly...reckless.

            "If you make a truce with the Senju clan you know what will happen," I finally said. "It will mean an end to war. You'll have peace. No more bloodshed. But only for a certain amount of time. A small truce won't bring an end to the war raging in the hearts of their people. Or your own."

            "And you know what will come with that peace," Madara hissed out bitterly. He raised his head to look into my eyes. He was back in control of his emotions. "The Uchiha will come to surrender to the Senju. We will become smaller and pathetic. Everything I built will cease to mean anything...everything, everyone I've sacrificed...will mean nothing."

            "And soon, the Senju will dominate you. Your legacy will be forgotten, while the Senju's grows more and more vibrant," I added, and his eyes narrowed. He was tired, but not tired enough to ever want to just give up.

            "None of the Uchiha understand," he said, pressing his back against the wall.

            "They wouldn't," I agreed. "They haven't felt the pain such as you have. They haven't given up as much as you have. They haven't the reason or the strength to continue fighting."