Chapter 7: The Begin Of Team Hebi

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
― J.K. Rowling 

         "Whew, time for a break," Suigetsu said as soon as we were at the north base.

         "Get up you slacker! We're practically there!" Karin yelled just as I attempted to sit down too.

         "Don't you dare," Sasuke ordered.

         "Why are you only mean to me?" I muttered, and I couldn't help but notice Sasuke's scowl deepen when I sat down anyway.

       "This is no time for a break," Sasuke informed me, and I shrugged.

       "Then when is a good time, cause I am unsure of what rights us lackies get in your platoon." I gave him a sneer, which he replied with an arrogant tilt of his head in response to my obvious sarcasm. 

       "Rights? None." Sasuke turned around to walk away. I rolled my eyes, and we continued our pointless march through the water, until we came across a man laying face down near the entrance.

      "Is that guy still alive?" I asked pointing to the wounded man.

         "He came from the North Hideout," said Sasuke, catching the other two's attention. Sasuke knelt next to him. "What happened?"

         "Uchiha Sasuke...? Please save us.... It started as soon as we heard Orochimaru was dead. Our captives started a riot..." The man whispered. "Please...Sasuke-kun."

         "That's awfully familiar of a title. What have you been up to, Sasuke?" I asked Sasuke with a suggestive wink. "Oh, he died," I murmured over Karin's shoulder. "Shame." I looked over at the sudden Chakra approaching. "Company."

         "What the hell is that thing?" Suigetsu asked.

         "A level 2 curse seal. He's already completed the transformation," said Karin as the really ugly once prisoner came running. Sasuke didn't hesitate to slice the beast, not killing it. 

         "That was nice of you," I commented as I kicked the beast's breathing body with a raised brow. "But your kindness will mean nothing when that thing wakes up and kills others without mercy. It's better to do away with the wastes of air." Judging by Sasuke's slightly annoyed glance towards me, I could tell he didn't agree.

         "That's the North hideout up there. Hurry up and help me find Juugo," Sasuke ordered. As soon as we entered we were surrounded by approaching curse seal victims. "Karin, is Juugo in there somewhere?"

         "No," she said after doing a quick Jutsu.

         "Meaning we can go nuts on these guys, right?" I perked up at Suigetsu's words, already taking out my long twin Sai blades.