Chapter 12: A Broken Heartbeat

( These "~¥❁¥~" signal when the flashback ends and starts)

Memories are fragile and throughout my many years of living I find all of my earliest memories blurry. It makes it hard for me to retell them. But I am going to try. I am not going to bother with the story of my childhood, a childhood in which I am unable to remember.

My story is not something I will ever tell any one person. But how about I give a chance to tell everyone. I am Sana Kumiko. And this is my story of a time so long ago, when I was very naïve. Back when I remember having a heart that wasn't warped and cold with time. When I wasn't afraid of my own feelings.

                                                                          ~¥❁¥~

A small smile played upon my lips as my fingers wove through his. The grass in which we laid was soft, and warm was the sun beat down upon it. He brought his other and and put it against my face. His pale skin matching well against mine. His eyes glinted with a tiny happiness, but a smirk lasting upon his lips.

"Do you like me Sana?" Kannon asked, it made a small blush come to my cheeks.

"Not in the least, Kannon-kun," I said simply, my small accent slipping into my tongue, he got on his elbows, his head tilting to the side as his eyes connecting to mine perfectly. He smirked and brought his body over mine, which was laying down. His arm was laying around my waist and his hand brushed away my light orange hair.

"You are such a liar," he whispered, his hand going around the back of my neck and lifting it up to meet his lips. The kiss was short and sweet, we quickly separated.

"And you are a bad kisser," I mocked, and he smirked. It was a known fact that just about everything I said was a lie. Everyone knew that when I said something too mean or too nice that I probably thought the opposite. "And you aren't very good looking."

He began to chuckle, "You are so cute, Sana." His face turned serious as his lips lingered over to mine, nearing before brushing against them. It felt like that of a feather against me, and as I tried to lean in, he pulled away.

"I'm not," I said simply, it made his smile even more.

"Do you love me Sana?" He asked, I smiled and brought my lips up to his.

"I hate you more than anything," I said simply, I could feel the hem of my Kimono get in the way of myself.

"I hate you too," he stated, and he slowly straddled me, his hands on each side of my face, his back bending to brush his lips against my forehead. I could feel him against every part of my being. "You didn't keep your promise. You said you would show me your father's study today," Kannon mused slowly, his lips brushing over my neck, causing me to squirm from underneath him. "He's been asking me what I thought about it for weeks." His lips brushed against my ear and I giggled, I felt him smile against my skin.

"Father said I was the one to show you?" I asked and he gave me a smile and I grew embarrassed from under his gaze.