Chapter 3: Four Tails

"He must have known I'd want to leave you

"He must have known I'd want to leave you."
"No, he must have known you would always want to come back."
― J.K. Rowling

       "We think it is only natural to place more limitations onto Naruto. It is important for him to stay inside the village at all costs," said Homura, getting agitated with all the constant bickering. There were a few people here, the Leaf Village council, Danzo being absent like he usually was because no one could actually stand his face or most of his ideas. Tsunade rubbed her eyes with an exhausted sigh. Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane never did make any actions to hide what they thought of her. She was an unexperienced novice in their eyes, which wasn't far from the truth and she didn't help her case when her conditions of being Hokage were built on an endless supply of alcohol.

       "So you think you have the authority to disobey the Hokage?" I questioned, tapping my fingers against the table.

        "And who are you to speak? You're too young to even be in this council, but we allowed it out of respect for your father. Still, at least your father knew his place," Homura snapped.

       "He's dead. He has no other place but in the ground," I retorted coldly. Tsunade rubbed her temples impatience trickling from her core, showing it through the lines of exhaustion under her eyes. "In the end, Gaara was in his village when he was attacked. Kazekage no less. No one could have been more protected. It doesn't make a difference where the Jinchuuriki is. When the Akatsuki want him, do you really think all these walls will stop them? It didn't stop the attack from a mere two members to finish the job. Naruto doesn't need protection from walls and fancy words. He needs to live first hand to protect himself. Do you really think he can do that if you coddle him at your wrinkly teat?" Maybe I should have left that last part out, but in my defense, they could all go fuck themselves.

       "Enough, I've given my final word. Sana is right, as the Hokage I have the final decisions on this matter," Tsunade finally snapped, slamming her hands on the desk. Smiling to myself I crossed my legs and leaned back on the chair.

      "Danzo would have had better ideas for what to do with the Nine Tails," Koharu mumbled. I nearly scoffed, figures that the only time they went to Danzo's ideas was when it went against Tsunade.

      "Let's get one thing straight," I interjected, leaning forward on the chair. "Danzo cares about the village, obviously, but his methods are ancient and only suited for making tensions rise with other villages. It is time for the next generation to take over the first." Man that was hypocritical for me to age shame anyone. "That's the way the order has always been, and will always be. High places on a council won't stop the inevitable."

      "And you'd know. Is that not what you always said to your father?" Rai, another member of the council, said with a cold scowl. He never bothers to hide his disliking for me.

       "My father was a respected man who took care of this village well. You should take care to respect the offspring he left behind," I retorted. "Or are you implying something? That maybe I got rid of him?"