Chapter 3

Be expecting tons of updates this week! Enjoy(:

**********************

Chapter 3

(Zayn's POV)

I'm so stupid. I treat Leilani like crap, even though I really like her. Like a lot. I just don't know how to treat her. I've spent my time hanging out with guys, and we talk to each other like that. That's why I have no idea how to show her how much I like her. She probably thinks I'm a jerk. Who am I kidding? I am one. I'm so stupid sometimes. I don't even deserve Leilani at all. She's so smart, and I've been held back a year.

I don't even know why she agreed to go on a date with me. Or even showed up. Oh, that's right. Because I forced her. God, I'm so stupid sometimes. No. I'm so stupid all the time. I hope she doesn't hate me. No, she already does. She already thinks I'm a stupid, annoying, jerk who doesn't know how to treat a girl. Because that's what I am.

(Leilani's POV)

Zayn was attractive and everything, but there's something that screams, "DANGER", whenever I'm near him. I'm just so afraid of him because of it. And to make it worse, he's crazy. He thinks he can just tell me what to do anytime he wants. Well, not anymore. I'm decided that today, I'm going to stand up for myself. I took one last look into my mirror, grabbed my bag, and left without breakfast. I'm not keen on breakfast. I don't even know why. Right when I walked outside, Zayn was standing there, waiting for me.

"Hey, Leilani," he greeted me with a half smile. Suddenly, I felt a shred of pity for him.

"You okay?" I asked him, beginning our trek to the prison people call, "college".

"I'm fine," he growled back. That was it.

"What is your issue? I asked you if you were okay, because I'm genuinely concerned. How dare you think you can treat me like this. You may be the only person in the entire school who has attempted to talk to me, but I don't care. I'd rather have no friends than have you as one," I snapped at him. I felt like I had more power than I had before. I just walked away, not even caring that he was probably hurt from what I said. Serves him right.

I popped my earbuds in my ears, and blasted anything and everything on my iPhone. I felt a warm hand on my cheek, and I swear I jumped.

"Leilani, please. Just forgive me. I don't mean anything I say," Zayn was trying to apologize.

"Get away from me!" I yelled at him, but instead, he just grabbed my waist, and pulled me closer. "Stop it!"

"Not until you accept my apology," Zayn whispered harshly into my ear.

"See? Why do I have to? I don't!" I yelled at him, struggling to get out of his tight grasp. Zayn gave one tug, and my hips were against his legs.

"Because I said so," Zayn spoke softly. Almost lovingly. But at the same time, he was commanding me. At this point, I was desperate to have my own space back.

"Fine, I forgive you. You gonna let me go now?" I snapped.

"Nope," Zayn chuckled. Before I knew what was happening, I was walking side by side with Zayn, and his was arm was wrapped around my shoulders. It was beginning to rain, so Zayn pulled my umbrella from my hands, and held it over my head with his other hand. As sweet as it was, Zayn was forcing me into a relationship with him, and it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

We walked into school, and there was a boy who was about Zayn's height come up to us. He had a smirk on his face.

"Hey, Leilani, why don't you go back to Primary school? You'd fit right in," he laughed at his own joke about my height.

"Why don't you shut up," Zayn had let go of my shoulders, and stood right in front of the boy who had talked to me. I just stood behind him, and in a quick motion, Zayn had punched the boy in the face. I grabbed Zayn's gray shirt, and pulled him back, even though it took a while, because I'm nowhere near strong.

"Zayn, come on, let's just go to class," I said. I didn't really want to walk with him to our first block, but I didn't want him to beat up the boy. I then remembered his name. Andrew. Zayn kicked Andrew's side, and then put his arm back around me to walk me to class. When we got there, Zayn began to leave. "Where are you going?"

"I have some things that I have to take care of," Zayn whispered harshly into my ear.

"If it has to deal with Andrew..." I began, but Zayn cut me off.

"Don't worry, it doesn't. But he's going to be dealed with. Just stay out of it, Leilani," Zayn looked at me, and grabbed my hand, locking his fingers in between mine.

"I can't stay out of something that includes me," I stood on my tiptoes to look Zayn in the eyes.

"Fine, I won't beat him up. But I don't want you to get involved with anything else. Okay?" Zayn moved his head down to look at my eyes. His eyes were kind. Even though I knew he wasn't. He gave me a kiss on my mouth, and afterwards, I pretended to be disgusted. He just chuckled as he walked away.

**********************

So that's why Zayn is so mean. But, wait until you find out about what he's involved in. It's pretty cray. Like a crayfish. ANYWAYS. Vote, Comment, Share!! Thanks, loves! <3

Love,

~B~xx