Chapter 6

Hey guys.

************

Chapter 6

(Zayn's POV)

Leilani slapped me. Hard. Then, she began walking away.

"Where are you going?" I called after her.

"Anywhere to get away from you!" Leilani shouted without turning around.

"Come on, Leilani! I'll keep you safe, I swear!" I shouted. She stopped right in her tracks, and came back to me.

"Fine. But only because I don't know how to defend myself," Leilani murmured in anger.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I had no problems. Well, at least not until you came into my life," Leilani began to cry.

"Hey, stop crying. It's going to be okay," I comforted her, holding her in my arms as she began to cry.

"No it's not. He was gonna kill me, Zayn. All because I know you. I don't understand where you get all of your money from. I don't understand any of it, Zayn," she cried.

"Okay, fine," I gave in. Leilani looked up at me. "I'm a hit man."

"Zayn, I'm serious," Leilani gasped.

"So am I," I said simply. Leilani's expression changed to fear as she backed away from me.

"So how do I know you're not going to kill me?" she asked, almost a whisper.

"Please, just trust me," I begged.

"How can I trust you? I've only known you for a week or two at the most," Leilani sat on the pavement, "Kill me now, then. I'm helpless. I'm stranded. Kill me. If you really want to kill me, then do it now."

I just stood there, not saying a word. Leilani looked up at me.

"So, I guess I'll trust you, then," she let out a sigh. I saw another tear roll down her cheek.

"No, please don't cry. Everything's going to be okay," I rushed to her side, holding her tiny body in my arms.

"Where are we going to stay for the night?" she asked me. I looked around. There was nothing but farm land. That means that there must be a farm nearby. We got back on the motorcyle to look for a house. We finally found one, and drove down their driveway. We knocked on the door.

"Hello?" a young man opened the door.

"Hello, my name's Zayn, and this is my...sister, Leilani. We're looking for a place to stay for the night," I told him. He invited us in with a smile, and saw his family sitting around a dinner table.

"My name's Leo, and this is my family. Laura, we have guests," he told his wife. A young, blonde woman stood up and shook our hands. Then, the rest of his family was introduced to us. He had five young sons, and one very beautiful daughter. She looked at me like I was the first teenage boy she had every seen in her life who was not related to her. It was kind of weird.

"Hello, I'm Lillith, and these are my brothers; Leo, Lalan, Logan, Ledger, and Lester," they all introduced themselves. It was weird. All of their names began with L.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Leilani," Leilani told them. They all laughed.

"Well, you'd fit right in with us," the oldest, Leo Jr, spoke to her. She giggled a little.

"My name is Zayn. We're just going to stay for one night, then we're going to be out of your hair," I spoke tensely. Leo Sr showed us the small room where we would be staying, and gave us linens to make our beds with. We set up our sleeping areas, and Leilani and I both got quickly into bed.

(Leilani's POV)

I woke up to the sound of screaming. And gunshots.

"Leo, somebody's in the house!" I heard Laura scream. I quickly moved to Zayn's bed and woke him up. It took a little bit of effort, but he finally got up.

"What's going on?" he asked, alert.

"Somebody's inside the house," I whispered. Zayn got up, and I followed him. He walked into Leo and Laura's room.

"Where do you keep your gun?" Zayn asked harshly.

"What do you--" Laura began.

"Where do you keep your gun?!" Zayn asked again, this time, his voice sounding threatening. Leo Sr got up, and gave Zayn a shotgun, and a box of bullets. Zayn put the bullets in his jacket pocket, and cocked the gun so that it was loaded and ready. He went downstairs, and I stood at the top of the stairs, waiting. I don't even know what I was waiting for. A gunshot, Zayn, anything.

I heard shots exchanged, everytime, it made me jump. The sound was loud and deafening. Very soon, I saw Zayn coming up the stairs. Without warning, he grabbed my wrist, and we ran out of the door and onto his motorcycle. Zayn tossed the gun, and we left. There was just one picture that I couldn't get out of my mind. The dead body lying in a pool of blood in the middle of the dining room.

************************

WHO DID THE BODY BELONG TO?! ERMAHGERD!!! LOL, who liked this chapter? Vote, Comment, Share!!!

Love,

~B~xxx