Chapter 37

hey peeps so this is the second to last chapter before the epilogue. enjoy :)

***************

Chapter 37

(Leilani's POV)

I walked into Uncle Jim's room, and sat on the edge of his bed.

"How are you?" I asked him.

"Fine. I'm glad that I used to be a doctor," he smiled at me. I smiled back.

"What happened? You never told me why you were bleeding," I asked him, filling his glass with more water.

"The bullet that hit that guy got him, but got lodged into my side. I took the bullet out," he explained. I nodded. I looked beside his table at a small ashtray that had a few bullet fragments.

"Well, I'm glad that you're feeling better," I smiled at him. I didn't really know what else to say.

"Thank you, Leilani for an adventure. I really did enjoy it. I got to go on a rescue mission with you! I felt like I was in some kind of spy movie," he chuckled. I laughed with him.

"Remember when we used to watch Mission Impossible together?" I asked him. The conversation started coming to me naturally.

"And we used to talk about what we would do if we were to break into the CIA building?" he chuckled some more.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Is that where you got a lot of that strategy?" he asked me.

"Well, duh!" I replied. We laughed a bit together, and recalled some of our best memories together. Finally, I left Uncle Jim alone in his room to get some rest. After I closed the door, Zayn walked up to me.

"I can't believe you came for me," he sighed.

"Yeah, I did. I guess that's what people do when they're in love, things that they would never do otherwise," I shrugged.

"I would've done the same for you," he pulled me into a hug that I had missed so dearly when he was gone.

"I know," I replied.

"How did you do it, though? You had so much confidence, and so little fear. I wouldn't have expected that from you," Zayn talked with me as we walked back to our bedroom.

"I'm not afraid of anything anymore, Zayn," I said simply. He kissed me sweetly. I never wanted it to end, but it did.

"She's not afraid," Zayn sang to me as we curled up under the covers and slowly fell asleep.

*****************

d'oh mah gawd. short chapter. i know. but it's going to end. just chapter 38 and then an epilogue.

Love,

~B~xxx