Chapter 17

So, today I watched Phantom of the Opera for the billionth time! Who else is a PTO fan? Comment!

Song Quote of the Day:

Believe, believe, believe, I don't know how I got here

I knew it wouldn't be easy but your faith in me was so clear

It didn't matter how many times, I got knocked on the floor

But you knew one day I would be standing tall, just look at me now

**********************

Chapter 17

(Leilani's POV)

I had my head in my hands. I don't know why it bothered me so much. Maybe it was because they were so nice to us, or because the kids were so young. They barely got a shot at life. All they had was that old farm. They didn't get to be really teens. I don't care about any argument you could make against me. My mind is made up. I am not putting anybody else in danger. I guess Liam is going to end up joining our entourage.

I snapped out of my depressing thoughts when I saw that the front door began to open. Andrew. I ducked behind Zayn, and his tall, muscular shape. Instead of a threatening, sickly voice, I heard a woman.

"Liam!" she sang, "I finally found those peaches that I've been craving lately! I can't believe that it took me all morning!"

I looked up to see an average-sized young woman who looked just like she could model. Her face was thin and happy, and her hair fell into thin ringlets that were to die for. I gave her a small wave, and she looked at us strangely.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"There were no rooms left at the motel, so Liam let us stay here," Zayn explained, holding out a hand. "I'm Zayn."

"Oh, that sounds like something Liam would do. I'm Violet, it's nice to meet you. Who are your friends?" Violet shook Zayn's hand.

"I'm Harry, and this is Ava, Leilani, and Jim" Harry introduced us. She shook our hands, and I gave her a sweet smile. She was so perky, and it was hard not to love her. Liam came down the stairs, and greeted Violet with a big hug. They shared a brief kiss. I felt bad. She's in danger, too. This is getting worse.

"Listen, thanks for letting us stay, but we really have to be on our way," I told them, gathering everybody up to leave.

"No, please stay! How long are you in Wales for?" Violet asked, grabbing both of my hands.

"Well, just for today, really," I lied.

"Where are you from? I'm sure it's not so far, you sound British," Violet kept trying to keep me there.

"It's better if you don't know," I mumbled. I didn't expect her to hear me, but she did.

"What do you mean? What's going on?" she asked. I let go of her hands, and sat her down.

"I'm so sorry, but we've put you in danger. It was unintentional and nothing personal, trust me. We are being chased by a very dangerous gang from Bradford. I suggest that you and Liam leave immediately. You don't want to be here when they tear through," I explained. Violet still had questions.

"Why are you being chased?" Violet asked us. I looked over to Liam for a brief second. He looked like he was going to pass out.

"We have a lot of money, and they want it," Zayn told her simply. She still had questions.

"How do you have all of this money?" she asked.

"You don't need to know," Zayn told her.

"Fine. I don't care. I just want Violet and I safe. Do you know where we can go?" Liam had his arms crossed over his chest. I shook my head. "Then can we come with you?"

"We have no room in the car," Uncle Jim spoke up.

"We have a minivan. Please just let us go with you. It sounds like you guys can protect us," Liam grabbed his jacket, and went upstairs. He was probably packing. He didn't really give us much of a choice, either.

"Then, I guess two more companions to our journey."

**MEANWHILE ON THE NEWS**

"We have just gotten word in that the gang has hit a little town just a few kilometers away from the farm. Thankfully, nobody was killed, because it was desolate at that point. Sadly, they destroyed just about every building. More information when it becomes available."

****************

This is cray. Too cray. Vote, Comment, Share!

Love,

~B~xx