Chapter 29

W-w-what is life.

Song Quote of the Day:

If I don't say this now, I will surely break

As I'm leaving the one I want to take

Forgive the urgency, but hurry up and wait

My heart has started to separate

**************

Chapter 29

(Leilani's POV)

I woke up early in the morning, and stretched. It was a good day, I could feel it. I lay back down, but didn't feel Zayn's normal presence beside me. He would always sleep next to me, one arm underneath me to support me and one arm wrapped around the front of me to keep me next to him. It was comfortable. I always kept my face and left hand on his chest. His steady, shallow breathing soothed my senses until I fell asleep. He must be up already, then, I told myself. That was strange to me. Usually I was the one who had to get him up. I looked over at the clock.

7:33

He wouldn't even be up at this hour! I giggled to myself. I thought that maybe he was trying to surprise me. It was going to be my birthday soon. I recall that he had been acting strange lately. I supposed he was trying to surprise me with something, then. I didn't want to investigate. Where's all the fun if it isn't a surprise? I lay back down, trying to fall back asleep so I could give Zayn time to do whatever it is I thought he wanted to do. Alas, I couldn't seem to wander back into sleep, so I got up to shower. I took a long, hot shower to wash away all the questions I had going through my head.

Once I was out, I felt refreshed as ever. With a towel wrapped around my body, I moved to our walk-in closet, so I could change. I picked out some leggings, a tank top, and a grey cardigan. Comfortable day. It wasn't too lazy to the point where I'd have to change if I left the house, but lazy enough where I could've laid around the house not caring to wrinkle my clothes or ruin them. At that point, I didn't care whether I interrupted something or not. I was hungry.

I put on the black house slippers that Zayn had bought me no more than a few weeks prior, and I walked downstairs. Once there, I noticed that I was the only one up. I thought to myself all the possible places Zayn could be. My mind settled on that he was probably out doing whatever it is he does when he's out. Buying something, I guessed. I made myself some coffee, and poured it into a warm mug that I had just taken out from the recently finished dishes in the dishwasher.

After downing the mug, I placed it in the sink. I took all of the clean dishes out of the dishwasher, and put them away. I spent the rest of that morning just cleaning up around our home, remembering exactly where Louis liked the mints to be placed on the coffee table and where Violet liked the glass vase so that it reflected sunlight magnificently around the room. Soon after I had finished, everyone began coming downstairs one by one.

"Hey, Leilani, where's Zayn? I would think that he'd have gotten up with you," Emma spoke groggily.

"He wasn't in the room when I woke up, so I assumed he was here. Then, when I realized he wasn't, I assumed he went out. He should be back soon, then," I shrugged. Violet looked at me, and let out some kind of scoff.

"Leilani, call him just to be sure," she put a comforting hand on my shoulder. To this day, I wonder if I had looked somewhat worried or troubled...but I can't recall if I did.

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

"Hello, you've reached the office of--"

I ended the call before I could hear that horrid voicemail again. He wasn't answering.

"I think he's gone missing again," I gulped.

And in that moment, all I could think about was that threatening phone call.

**************

Oh my gawd guys. Is this real life. I hope not. I would pee my pants. Wait I already am. Wait did I say that out loud. Whoops. I did. Oh whale.

I won't update until I get...:

1 vote

1 comment

I know you can do it, B-ers!

Love,

~B~xxx