Chapter 23

Wow. Quoting @yingying77 here, I'm updating left and right today. Hope that makes you guys happy :) Lol, so, I want you opinion (I posted this on More Than Enough as well): should I request a certain number of votes for you guys to get the next chapter OR do a little notice for you guys to share once in a while? I really want this FanFiction to get as popular as Stuck In Time is right now, or more if possible. Thanks, guys :)

NO SONG QUOTE OF THE DAY

*******************

Chapter 23

(Leilani's POV)

"Where's Zayn?" Violet asked me early in the morning. She was pouring us both cups of tea.

"I have no idea. I haven't seen him since we broke up," I admitted. That was a few days ago. To be honest, I hadn't really worried about it until Violet mentioned it.

"Well, shouldn't we go looking for him?" Violet asked me.

"Yeah, we probably should. I'll call him first, just in case it's nothing serious," I shrugged.

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

RING...

"Hello, you've reached the office of Zayn Malik. Please leave your name and number, and he'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

I thought back to when we first recorded that.

**FLASHBACK**

"Zayn, can I see your phone?" I squealed, holding the phone he had bought himself in my hands.

"Sure, Lilo," he chuckled, handing me his phone. It was a smart phone, and was different from my iPhone, but still basically similar. I set up his voicemail, recording myself.

"'Ello, this is Zen Malik. I am such a bad boy, and I like noodles," I recorded myself, trying to imitate Zayn.

"I do not sound like that!" Zayn retorted. I just laughed.

"Ooh, I have a new one!" I laughed even more, re-recording the voicemail, "Hello, you've reached the office of Zayn Malik. Please leave your name and number, and he'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

"You make me sound like a professional businessman!" Zayn laughed with me. We just kept laughing until we were out of breath.

"I wonder what it would sound like from the perspective of anyone calling."

**PRESENT**

"Leilani, what's wrong?" Violet asked me. I realized that I had drifted off into a daydream.

"He didn't answer," I replied, setting my phone down.

"Maybe there's a reasonable explanation for this--" Violet began. I was too worried to let her finish.

"No, there isn't!" I yelled. I felt kind of bad, but she didn't seem offended.

"Alright, do you want to contact the police?" she asked me, rubbing my shoulders. She always did that to calm me down.

"No, of course not. If they found out who Zayn was, we'd all be screwed," I sighed, more stressed than I had felt in a long time. "What if Andrew got him? What if he's dead?"

"I'm sure he isn't. Zayn knows how to protect himself just fine," Violet wiped some tears from my cheeks.

"Zayn against God-knows how many?" I asked pescimistically.

"It's alright, Leilani. We'll find him, okay?"

I can't believe that I never took advantage of that. Violet always said what I needed to hear. She put up with my pescimism like you wouldn't believe. I can't believe that I never appreciated her. She loved me like her own sister or daughter, and I didn't realize what a blessing that was. Why?

"Leilani, what's wrong?" Uncle Jim walked in, his face clean-shaven.

"Zayn has gone missing."

**************

Short. Again. I know. Was it good, though? Don't forget to comment your opinion on what I mentioned earlier!! Vote&Share, too!!

Love,

~B~xx