Chapter 36

so i thought i'd finish today because i really love the ending to this one, and was too anxious to wait. enjoy, loves :)

**************

Chapter 36

(Ava's POV)

I stood down the street from the CIA building in Langley, VA with Harry, waiting for our queue from Leilani. I was scared. If we got in trouble for this, we could go to jail! Well, we would get deported back to England, because we aren't from here. We actually have to act like we're American, though. I was glad that I had taken all those years of acting lessons when I was younger.

"Ready, Distraction?" I heard Leilani's voice through the earpiece.

"Ready, Point," I whispered back. I took a swig of the gin I had in my hand, and gave it to Harry who did the same. We both started kissing. I walked backwards, Harry guiding me towards the CIA building. We started stumbling, and acting like we were getting into it so to speak. Finally, we burst through the doors of the building only to be confronted by security.

"Hey, you aren't allowed in here!" a large man yelled to us. I didn't respond, even though I was afraid. "Get off of each other!"

"No!" I yelled to them, trying to sound like I was drunk. Sadly, I just had to act like my step father.

"Babe, let's go someplace else," Harry slurred his words, but led me outside anyways after the security guards kicked us out. We stumbled down to the van where Lilly and Louis were placed, and got in.

"Undercovers are in," Liam said over the earpiece.

(Violet's POV)

I straightened out my outfit and glasses, and walked right into the CIA building. It gave me chills to think that we were actually going to infiltrate the CIA. It still gives me chills.

"What are you two doing here?" a security guard stopped us.

"I'm Elizabeth Logan from Channel 8 news, and this is my cameraman, Connor. We were scheduled to do an interview today," I lied. Well, I didn't necessarily lie. Technically, we were scheduled to do an interview.

"Oh, right this way, ma'am," he directed me to the metal detector. We were scanned quickly, then passed through to the front desk.

"You'll be on the second floor, it'll be the room at the end of the hallway to your right," the woman at the front desk directed us.

"Thank you," we thanked her, and moved on to the elevator. Once we reached the second floor, we walked down the hallway right behind two people walking on the right side of the hallway. We quickly slipped into a closet that was there, and began changing.

"Undercovers both complete, now changing into blended wear," Liam spoke quickly.

"Copy that, Undercovers. Points moving in."

(Leilani's POV)

While Harry and Ava were distracting the guards, Uncle Jim and I managed to move in without being seen. Louis had already killed those cameras for those two seconds. Finally, we made our way to the basement, where Zayn was supposedly being held. We walked past several pipes, and down some metal stairs. We came across a guard, but Uncle Jim brought him down behind me as I moved on to shoot at a man who looked like he was guarding for Mum.

I killed him. It was surprising, and hurt me a little bit. I moved on to open the door, and found myself in a room face to face with a broken and beaten Zayn.

"Zayn!" I called out his name, running to him. I unchained him, and examined his bloody and bruised body.

"Leilani, you...need...to get...out...now!" Zayn was painting heavily. He looked absolutely exhausted.

"It's too late for that," a man behind me spoke. I turned around, and a gun was facing my face. He held Uncle Jim by his neck.

"Mum?" I asked. He nodded in a creepy fashion.

"You want to know why I did this, don't you?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'll admit I do," I growled at him.

"Not too long ago, I was enjoying life with my younger brother. I always took care of him. Always! I found out that he got involved into the gang life, and I tried to get him out. He said he would. On his last day on the job, he was brutally murdered by Zayn. All my brother's job was was to get some couple out of a house without killing anybody. Nobody was supposed to die! So I had to make Zayn suffer," Mum explained.

"By keeping him here? You're mad!" I yelled at him.

"No, my dear. The suffering wasn't to keep him here, nor was it to kill him. The suffering was to take the most precious thing in his life away from him," he smirked at me.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I stood up quickly.

"Killing you," he pulled his revolver from Uncle Jim's head and pointed it at my own. Instead of shooting my head, he first shot the gun out of my hand, which made my wrist snap back. I cried out in pain. "Say goodbye to your lover, Zayn."

"No!" Zayn cried out in desparation. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could, and I heard the gunshot. I opened my eyes to see both Mum and Uncle Jim on the ground. Violet was standing behind them with a smoking gun in her hand.

"Violet?" I asked in disbelief.

"There's no time, hurry!" she put her gun to the ground, and helped Uncle Jim up. I got a bucket of water that was laying nearby and poured it over Zayn. The blood was washed away, and he looked a bit better. I put his old shirt on him, and we left. We heard a siren go off. That was our queue to get out. We rushed out of the basement and outside along with every other employee leaving the building. We went undetected to the van, and were driven by Niall back to the rendezvous point.

"Is your hand okay, Lilo?" Zayn asked me. I nodded.

"He missed me," I shrugged. I gave him a hug, glad to see him again. I heard Uncle Jim grunt in pain, and I turned to him as he was clutching his side. It was bloody. "Niall, hurry!"

*************

whoa cliffie but who knew who mum was? who was shocked to find out that the random dude from chapter six was actually the brother of mum?! omg happy about that :D don't worry i shall update the next chapter very quickly :)

Love,

~B~xxx