Chapter 25

Hey, guys! Today is a good day :) WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER

Song Quote of the Day:

My eyes are open wide

By the way I made it through the day

I watch the world outside

By the way I'm leaving out today 

*****************

Chapter 25

(Leilani's POV)

"Leilani, come here!" Ava called to me. I got up from my spot on the sofa to the kitchen, where Ava was holding a carton of eggs. "Can you go by the supermarket and pick up two new cartons, please?"

To be honest, I didn't want to go anywhere. I wanted to yell back at her. I wanted to say, 'Get your own precious egg cartons,' but I didn't. I just nodded, grabbed my car keys, and left in the old, used car that I had gotten two weeks before. Driving to the supermarket, the car was making weird sounds. Normally, I would've panicked and left in a hurry away from my car. This time, I didn't I just kept driving. I feel like some part of me hoped that I would die in that car. To this day, I have no idea why I would feel that way.

Anyways, I got to the supermarket, got what it was Ava wanted, and got back in the car. I was driving home when I heard the noise again. Before I could do anything, the car broke down. Right in the middle of the road. There was no one there. I was closer to home anyways, so it was more rural area. I decided to walk the rest of the way, so I grabbed the grocery bag, and began walking. Unfortunately, I chose the most uncomfortable shoes ever, and I was in pain. I began crying a little, too. Frustration, probably.

"It can't get any worse than this," I told myself. As if God had heard me, and decided to torture me, the heavens opened. Rain poured down on me. Hard. I sprinted back to the car, threw myself inside, and broke down into tears. I was so frustrated, so I hit the wheel over and over. "Start, you stupid car! Start!"

In the distance behind me, I saw a man in a dark hoodie walking down the road as if there was no rain. He seemed like he could help me. I got out of the car.

"Excuse me, sir! Can you help me?" I yelled to him. I wiped my tears away, but they kept flowing. Luckily, the rain hid them. He looked my way, and began walking towards me with his head down. When he reached me, I almost fainted. He took off his hood. There, right in front of me, was Zayn. "Zayn!?"

"Leilani. I'm sorry. I had to kill him," he told me. The rain was falling all around us, but suddenly, I didn't mind. His hair was getting wet, and falling over his eyes.

"You don't have to be sorry. I'm just glad that you're back," I let out a weak laugh. Before either of us could say anything else, Zayn leaned down, and kissed me. I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him back, but it was just perfect. I missed his lips. I missed the touch of his cheek aganist mine. The soft touch of his hair in between my fingers. I missed it all. And in that moment, I had it all back.

"Now, how about fixing your car problem?"

*******************

 Like I said, it's really short. But really cute. Muahaha, I SHIP ZAYLANI!!! Vote, Comment, Share!

Love,

~B~xxx