Chapter 4

Hey, guys! Sorry it took me a long time today to finally sit down and write. I kind of had a lot of homework, and it took me a while. But, for the rest of tonight until about 9:00, I'll be updating both of my fanfictions :) Enjoy!

**********************

Chapter 4

(Leilani's POV)

I walked home alone. Zayn never returned to school after dropping me off at our English class. I kind of missed him in a way. But more than that, I was worried. What if he was lying and he really did go to 'take care' of Andrew. That would be terrible. Why can't Zayn just accept the fact that I can stand up for myself? Well, I can't now, but I'm going to learn how. Now, Zayn won't have anything to say about me being 'defenseless' or whatever.

"Leilani!" I heard a deep voice call. Well, speak of the devil.

"Where were you all day?" I replied, holding a hand above my eyes. The sun was shining right in my face.

"Had to take care of some things," Zayn shrugged. I noticed that there was a spot of red on his perfectly white shirt.

"Is that...blood on your shirt?" I asked him. Zayn looked at his shirt, then back at me.

"Nah. Just some tomato sauce or something," Zayn lied. He was such a terrible liar. I mean, at least I could tell.

"Zayn, I swear if you don't tell me what's going on, I will never speak to you again," I snapped, pointing a finger at him. I probably looked like a child trying to be mean, but I didn't care. Zayn grabbed my small hands and put them in his.

"If I do tell you, you won't speak to me," Zayn whispered, looking down at me.

"Then tell me," I stood on my tiptoes so I could be a bit taller, and closer to his eyes.

"Maybe another time," Zayn said. I saw a car slow down as it passed by. Zayn clenched his jaw as he saw Andrew and other boys looking out of the window to him menacingly. Zayn just pulled me closer, and I couldn't help but grab his shirt with my tiny hands. "It's okay, I'll protect you."

"I'm fine, Zayn. I was just worried about you," I said, turning to look back at him. He still hadn't taken his eyes off of the road, even though the car had long since gone.

"You don't have to be. It's them you have to be worried about," Zayn growled at the air. I knew he wasn't angry with me, but his tone still frightened me. I let go of his shirt. "What's wrong?"

"Don't you realize that you scare the crap out of me?" I crossed my arms over my chest. Zayn just looked at me lovingly.

"I know. And I'm sorry," Zayn apologized, touching my elbow. I pulled back, and just began walking up the front steps to my house.

"Zayn?" I called.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Do you want to come in?"

********************

Leilani just asked Zayn to come into her house :D OMG GUYS!!! What is her intention? Is there a secret motive? Find out soon! Vote, Comment, Share!!

Love,

~B~xxxx