Chapter 22

I'm on a roll! Two updates on She's Not Afriad in a day! :D

Song Quote of the Day:

Pain throws your heart to the ground

Love turns the whole thing around

No, it won't all go the way it should

But I know the heart of life is good

**********************

Chapter 22

(Zayn's POV)

I have no idea about what I was thinking. I was just so stupid! I punched Harry over some stupid jealousy thing! I couldn't believe it, honestly. Right when the cold air had hit my cheeks as I left the restaraunt, I realized that I had done a bad thing. I walked the rest of the way home. When I had gotten there, they weren't even home yet. They probably took Harry to the hospital. I had broken his nose after all. I ran in, and it was then that I realized that my knuckles were bloody. I sprinted to the bathroom, and rinsed my hand. There were fresh scars over top of my old ones.

I was so frustrated with myself. In the middle of the bathroom, I did something that I had never done before. I literally slapped myself in the face. I know it sounds stupid, but I did. It was crazy, it really was. I did it anyways. After I had done it a few times, I looked to see a small cut on my cheekbone. I deserve a thousand more of those. I punched my best friend over my girlfriend that could've cared less about my existence in that moment. I was just so angry with my stupidity. I heard the front door of our new home open, and opened the door a crack to see Ava walking Harry up the stairs.

"I'll be up there in a minute!" Leilani called to them. I just looked at her beautiful face filled with worry, and couldn't help but feel even worse. Poor Lilo. I shouldn't even call her that anymore. She looked up the stairs, and saw that Ava and Harry were out of sight. Then, she covered her mouth, leaned against a wall, and broke down into tears. My heart broke at the sight of her. Poor, poor Lilo. I opened the door, and walked out. She didn't notice me. Until I spoke.

"Leilani," I said as soothingly as I could. She looked up at me, and her eyes were red from crying, and her cheeks were glistening from the tears. I wanted to cry.

"What do you want?" she asked me, breaking down into another round of sobs.

"I'm so sorry. I was just angry, I didn't mean it, I--" I began. Leilani didn't let me finish.

"That's just it. You never mean it, do you? Zayn, ever since I've met you, you've been apologizing for these mistakes you make out of anger. You just don't think before you act," Leilani began a long speech. She had stood up, and was walking towards me. She didn't seem afraid like she used to. "I've forgiven you one too many times. This time, I'm not even the one you have to apologize to. Poor Harry got his nose broken, because you can't help but feel jealous at every guy who so much as glances at me. I can protect myself, you know!"

She started crying again. Both her and I knew that what she said wasn't true. She couldn't protect herself. She was so helpless, and so fragile. Even though she has become less fearful, she was still in need of protection from me.

"Leilani, please. I know that you're upset with me. I understand. I probably feel worse than you do right now. I'll be right back," I gave her a kiss on her forehead. I carried her in my arms as if she were my bride, and set her down on the sofa in front of the television. I ran upstairs, and went into Harry's room. "Harry?"

"Zayn?" Harry looked up at me. He didn't look scared. He looked peaceful. Must've been the drugs they gave him. His nose was in bandages.

"I am so, so sorry for punching you. You have no idea how much I want to take it back," I apologized to Harry. He nodded.

"It's alright, Zayn. I had it coming, anyways," Harry laughed a little. I wanted to talk with him a little, but he was soon fast asleep. I turned off his light, and closed his door. I went to the room that Leilani and I shared, planning on grabbing a few movies to make it up to her. When I walked in, all of her stuff was gone. Puzzled, I went back downstairs, where Leilani was waiting for me right where I put her.

"Why isn't your stuff in our room anymore?" I asked her, cocking my head to one side.

"I asked Violet to move my things into the extra bedroom," Leilani told me. She wasn't crying anymore, but if I had just walked in on the situation, I would know that she had been recently.

"Why?" I asked her, completely clueless as to what her response would be.

"Because...I'm breaking up with you."

****************

oh mah gawd. what is life. of course zaylani would break up right now. vote, comment, share. if you want. unless you're in a puddle of feels like me.

love,

~b~x