Chapter 29 -

Thankfully Rebecca actually had a car, a two door Subaru that we stuffed full with our bags. My mom had been in a good mood since break had started and was fine with our 'girls' trip, but still wouldn't give me my phone back. She told me I could call on Rebecca's phone if anything were to happen. 

Charlie had written his number down in the last letter he sent so that Rebecca and I could keep in touch with him on her phone.

I was almost bursting with excitement, excited to go snowboarding and see a few of my friends from school. Charlie had been just fine with Rebecca joining and even told me that Squid, Chunk, Jayden and Jase would be up there as well. I didn't know whether to be sad or relieved that Kent wasn't coming. 

"Okay, three hours and twelve minutes to go," Rebecca confirmed, glancing at the GPS on her phone before plugging in an old aux cord that miraculously still works. 

Thankfully Rebecca and I have the same taste in music or it would've been a very long trip. In three hours we made it to the lodge where Charlie had told us to meet him. 

Just like he said he would be, Charlie stood outside the main lodge, waving at us as we pulled up with a huge smile. It might be the lighting, but Charlie seemed more rugged than the last time I saw him, he had a little bit of stubble on his cheeks and chin. It had only been a month and a half since I had seen him but it looked like he had been working out more too. 

"You must be Rebecca, I'm Charlie," Charlie reached through the window and shook Rebecca's hand as we pulled up next to him, "you guys can follow me," 

Charlie smiled and said hi to me before he jumped on a snowmobile parked nearby and started to drive off, Rebecca followed with good distance. 

"He's a lot cuter than I thought he'd be," Rebecca mentioned while we followed Charlie up a snowy road. It took us another ten minutes just to reach the cabin but if I'm being honest it wasn't really a cabin, more like a mansion. 

"Does he have a brother by chance?" Rebecca teased, staring at the house in awe as she parked the car. 

"Welcome!" Charlie jumped off his snowmobile and opened my door before I had the chance to. He grabbed most of our bags and lead us into the cabin. We were greeted by warmth and the fresh scent of pine. 

"This place is amazing," Rebecca commented before even seeing most of the cabin, rushing in front of Charlie to stare up at the vaulted ceiling. Charlie simply laughed and watched her rush around, stepping towards me to give me a big hug. It was nice to see him again, he seemed to be doing good. 

"Sorry about her," I whispered, feeling my cheeks getting hot. 

"Don't be, she seems great," He let go of me and I followed him up the stairs to the master bedroom, "I figured you two could share this room, it's the biggest," 

Charlie plopped our bags down on the large King size bed with checkered black and gray printed sheets and blankets. 

"I'm really happy you guys are here," Charlie lead me back downstairs and into the kitchen. 

It was a huge kitchen with concrete counter tops, metal industrial lighting and beautiful white cabinets. The cabinets were paneled with glass windows so you could see the beautiful china that Charlie's mom surely bought specifically for this cabin. The color theme matched the typical cabin colors you'd think of, different shades of red, black and grey throughout the entire place. 

"Whoa," Was all I could manage to say as I took in my surroundings. I knew Charlie's parents had good jobs but I didn't realize they had this kind of money. 

I hadn't noticed anyone else's bags or cars out front, I wonder if they were going to be here soon or not. 

"It's a nice place, my parents have a housekeeper who comes up to clean and make sure everything is working fine," Charlie explained and rambled on about the cabin, telling me there were four bathrooms throughout the house and six bedrooms, three upstairs and three downstairs.