Chapter 31- OLD

There was nothing left that I could do. 

I stared up at the hate filled eyes of a guy I used to try imagining myself dating, just a few hours earlier in fact. Now Charlie, a completely transformed monster, pointed the deadly weapon square at my face, an evil smirk playing on his lips. 

 "Anything you'd like to say?" Charlie cooed, his voice as smooth as velvet and his attitude as deadly as poison. 

 This definitely wasn't the way I imagined dying. The hot tears stained my cheeks as Charlie chuckled and tried to look sympathetic down at me. How had it come to this anyway? I really couldn't be that important that Charlie was willing to go to prison for murder.

 "Oh, what a shame this is Sadie, I was really hoping you'd be the one," He muttered and clicked back the trigger. A soft sob escaped my throat as I was quickly realizing these were my last breathing moments. I shut my eyes tightly and held on to Kent's pant leg as tight as I could, what that would do, I had no idea but it gave me comfort at the moment. 

 "I'll be damned if you touch her," I heard my best friends voice call out, right before the same branch that was used to smack Kent, came crashing into Charlie's face and he fell backwards. 

"Sadie!" Rebecca crouched beside me, engulfing me in a tight hug and I let myself finally relax. I watched as Chunk, Jayden, Squid and Jace tackled Charlie to the ground and got the gun away from him safely. Dylan rushed to Kent's side and began examining him. 

 "You idiots! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Charlie screamed but none of the guys were having it. In fact, I watched with great pleasure as Chunk reared back and punched Charlie straight in the nose, blood immediately squirting out. I hope it hurt as bad as my nose did. 

 "The cops are on their way," Rebecca reassure me, both of us moving towards Kent to see how he was doing while the guys drug Charlie up the hill, as he kicked and screamed the entire way. 

"He should be okay, maybe a concussion but we need to get him to the hospital," I whispered, watching as Dylan and Rebecca wrapped their arms under Kent's and hoisted him up.

"Oh yeah, not like there's a bullet in his leg or anything," I vaguely heard Dylan mumble but I ignored him. Last I checked, a bullet to the leg wasn't necessarily life threatening.  

I tried to help but I could barely stand up, it's a miracle I was able to crawl up the hill and back into the back yard of Charlie's parents cabin. The lights from the cop cars and ambulance illuminated the whole cabin and within seconds three police officers were rushing into the back yard where Chunk had his knee in the center of Charlie's back, pushing him deeper into the snow. 

 "We need to get him to the hospital," Dylan called out to a paramedic who was just behind the officers. The paramedic rushed to us to examine Kent quickly and called back to his other co-workers for the stretcher. 

 Rebecca held onto me tightly while Kent was placed on the stretcher and locked into the back of an ambulance. Charlie hadn't stopped yelling the whole time. When the officers asked where he had gotten the gun he wouldn't tell them. 

 "What happened here?" One of the officers asked, approaching Dylan, Rebecca and I. I was shaking so much I couldn't find words let alone get them out. 

 "Charlie went crazy and attacked Kent and Sadie," Rebecca answered bluntly as if the cops knew us all by name, rubbing my arms to try to warm me up. I wasn't cold though and I wasn't shaking from the snow either. 

 "We're going to need to ask you a few more questions, first we need to get both of these boys to the hospital though, right away," The officer turned away and helped his fellow officers with shoving Charlie into the back of their squad car. Squid yelled at all of us to jump into the car, it was a bit crowded but as long as I'd be able to see Kent and make sure he's alright, I could care less. 

"Miss, are you alright?" Another paramedic asked, rushing up to Rebecca and I, shining a bright flashlight in my face. I squinted against the light and nodded slowly. I wasn't though, far from it. My head was pulsing, my nose throbbed and I'm sure blood was still gushing out. 

We pushed past the paramedic, ignoring his suggestions of riding in the ambulance to the hospital.

"Everything's going to be fine," Rebecca continued to try and calm me down the whole fifteen minutes it took to reach the nearest hospital. My mind was still so fuzzy I couldn't seem to wrap my mind around the events that just took place before. Not to mention the adrenaline was beginning to wear off and the pain from a broken nose was finally setting in.

 Please Kent, please be okay.