Chapter 27- OLD

Since Rebecca actually had a car, a two door Subaru, we stuffed it full with our bags and waved bye to my mom while Rebecca peeled out of the driveway. I could see my mom's frown from the rear view mirror but it couldn't bother me right now. I was on my way to a ski lodge with my best friend and Charlie. 

 I had all of the letters Charlie had sent me stuffed into my bag. I loved to read over them since he was so sweet and knew exactly what to say to cheer me up. Since last week when I wrote him and finally gave him my number it seems like I never put my phone down anymore. 

 "Okay, three hours and twelve minutes to go," Rebecca confirmed, glancing at the GPS before blasting the radio. 

 Thankfully we have the same taste in music or this road trip could have been very long. In three hours we made it to the lodge where Charlie had give me the address. I quickly texted him we were here and within seconds I got a message letting me know he'd be standing outside the main lodge. 

 Just like he had said, Charlie stood outside the main lodge, waving his arms at us with a huge smile. He seemed more handsome than the last time I saw him. It looked like he had been working out more too.

 "You must be Rebecca, I'm Charlie," Charlie greeted as we pulled up next to him. They shook hands briefly and Rebecca gave a quick 'nice to meet you' back. "Follow me," 

He couldn't stop smiling and before jogging over to jump into his car he blew a kiss. 

 "He is so much cuter in person," Rebecca commented while we followed Charlie's Tahoe up a snow covered road. I'm thankful Rebecca has snow tires. It was another ten minute drive before we pulled into a large driveway leading to what looked like more of a house than a cabin. It was definitely larger than my house. 

 "Remind me to ask if Charlie has a brother," Rebecca teased, staring with her mouth wide at the huge cabin. 

 "Welcome," Charlie opened the car door for me after we parked in the three car garage. He lead us into the house where we were greeted by warm, cozy air and the fresh scent of pine. 

 "This place is amazing," Rebecca commented, rushing in front of Charlie to take a tour of the house on her own. Charlie chuckled and watched her disappear. 

 "Sorry about her," I muttered, feeling my cheeks get rosy. 

 "Don't be, she seems great," He pulled me in to a tight hug and my heart skipped. Something I hadn't felt since Kent had kissed me. Was I really starting to get over Kent finally? Or as I just wishing he was the one here with me instead?

"I'm so happy you're here," 

"I am too," Charlie held me close, glancing between my lips and my eyes for a moment before pulling away and ushering me into the kitchen. 

 It was a huge kitchen with concrete counter tops, metal industrial lights and beautiful white oak cabinets. The cabinets were paneled with glass windows so you could see the beautiful china that Charlie's mom surely bought specifically for this cabin. The color theme matched the typical cabin colors, different shades of red, black and grey throughout the entire place. 

 "Whoa," Charlie had told me what his parents did for their careers but at the moment I completely forgot. 

 "My mom pays someone to come in once a month during off-season to clean and make sure everything's working just fine," Charlie explained while I followed him up the wooden stairs where the hallways were completely open to look down to the main floor. Four bathrooms in total and six bedrooms. We caught up with Rebecca in the master bathroom where she was practically drooling over the massive bathtub that was placed in the corner.