Chapter 14-

Glitter was everywhere.

 I was sitting next to Jackie, watching as she sprinkled even more glitter onto her poster. The guy she had chosen to support was number 18, Squid. I was starting to believe she had a little crush on him, but she denied anything when I asked.

 "Who's number are you doing again?" One of the girls, Kailey I think her name was, asked the girl across from her. All eight girls were sitting in a big circle in the lobby of Jackie's dorm. 

 "My favorite, 24 of course!" The girl squealed and held up her sparkly and frilly poster to show the rest of us. Kent's number, go figure. I wanted to roll my eyes but refrained from doing so, for now. 

 "Sadie, what's it like to live with a hottie like Kent?" One of the girls asked, pushing aside the other girls poster for Kent. I think her name was Josie. 

"I'm sure you wouldn't think he's such a hottie once you smelled his dirty clothes," I muttered, now rolling my eyes. Some of the girls giggled, including Jackie. 

 "I bet he's so sexy when he walks into your room with only a towel on, huh?" Kailey, I think, asked, leaning even closer just like the others were. 

 "No, not really," I replied, trying to focus more on my poster than on the girls staring at me. 

"Has he ever tried anything with you?" One of the girls blurted out, the rest giggling and keeping their gazes on me. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks even though I desperately tried not to blush, I couldn't help it. 

 "What? No! Stop asking dumb questions," I rolled my eyes, trying to play it off but the girls continued giggling and talking all at once. One asked if we'd kissed, another if we had hooked up and another asked if she could come over for a sleepover. 

 "Okay girls, let her breathe a bit," Jackie interrupted, reaching over one of the girls to grab a blue marker. The girls slowly settled back down and my face eventually returned to it's normal color.

 "Who are you rooting for Sadie?" Another girl, maybe Ivory was her name, sitting next to me leaned over to check out my poster. All the other girls posters were frilly and sparkly, while on mine I had drawn Charlie's number throughout the laces of a football. 

 "Charlie," I replied trying to admire my plain poster but the others were a bit intimidating with the glitter. 

 "Don't go cheating on Kent now," Josie, I think, winked over at me and again the girls giggled. 

Even though I had only just met these girls they seemed like people who would be fun to be around. Girls who could be actual friends maybe. 

 Before I could respond the front doors opened and in walked Missy and her three henchmen, girls who followed her around like her pets and did whatever she told them to, so typical. She couldn't make up her mind who she wanted to be her maids, so the girls would be different every week. Missy hardly glanced my way, her eyes shot towards the girls poster who had Kent's number on it. 

 "Cute poster Holly," Missy purred, her eyes glaring but she was still smiling. She made a big scene of turning on her heels to her henchmen. "Go away, I have to get ready for my date with Kent," The girls rushed away, back out the front doors they had just walked in. 

I wonder how bad your life has to be to be someone's personal maid. Especially Missy's. 

 Missy turned and headed up the stairs, not looking our way again, but making sure to step on Holly's poster on the her way to the stairs. Once her heels were no longer heard all the girls seemed to let out their breath.