Chapter 33-

The door to the small hospital room we were sitting in slowly opened and in walked Dr. Ernie, the man who had removed the knife from Kent's shoulder and wrapped up my broken nose after realigning it. Worst pain I had ever experienced. 

"How's he been doing in here?" The doctor asked, walking over to the side of Kent's bed and checking on the monitors that continuously beeped. 

I was sitting next to Kent's bed, holding on to his limp hand, scared that if I let go he'd somehow stop breathing. The doctor had made it clear that I was only allowed to stay in Kent's room until his parents arrived, which would be soon I was assuming. He also informed me that Charlie was in a room a floor or two below us and was receiving medical treatment as well. 

"He's been doing good," I answered the doctor, feeling my eyelids growing heavier by each passing second. It was four in the morning, we had gotten here just after midnight and none of us had gotten any sleep. 

Dr. Ernie bent down to examine my swollen face, the blood had stopped dripping out and the pain killers had finally kicked in to numb my face almost completely. He promised I wouldn't need surgery but for some reason I was doubting that. 

"You should try to get some rest, he'll be alright if you fall asleep for a little while, promise," Dr. Ernie really liked his promises. He rested his hand on my shoulder and smiled down at me, reminding me of my grandfather. I just nodded my head and just as quietly as he had entered he left the room again. 

"Do you think he'll wake up soon?" Rebecca asked, entering the room for the third time even though she had been told to stay out by several nurses and Dr. Ernie. 

"I really hope so," That's all I had been praying and hoping for. 

Before Rebecca or I could say anything else there was a loud knock on the door. The sound actually made Kent stir in bed, just a little bit though. 

"Come in," Rebecca answered almost right away, although this was not her room and she wasn't even supposed to be here. I was expecting Dr. Ernie to come back into the room but instead a middle aged couple was standing in the doorway. The woman held a tan clutch in her hands and was fiddling with it nervously while the man, although rather stoic looking, seemed slightly worried. 

"Oh my, poor Kent!" The woman cried out and threw herself onto the foot of the bed, sobbing into the thin blankets. Were these Kent's parents? He looks nothing like them if so, "I just can't believe my son did this to you!" 

I heard the woman say, realizing now that these were Charlie's parents here to check up on Kent. 

Or maybe they were here to ask him not to press charges.

"Has he woken up yet?" The tall man turned and asked me. I could see the resemblances of Charlie now. He examined my face but looked away quickly one he realized I was glaring at him. 

"No, not yet," I replied, I didn't have the right to tell them to leave but I wish they would. They should be down with their son right now anyway, the least they could do is give Kent the chance to recover for a bit. 

As if on cue, Kent stirred in his bed and his eyes slowly cracked open to look around the room. A soft groan left his lips while he tried to sit up but was still too exhausted. 

"Lay down, don't try to sit up or move around too much," I whispered, lightly pushed back on Kent's good shoulder so he's lay back down. 

"What's goin' on?" He mumbled, glancing through squinted eyes between everyone in the room before looking back to me. His eyes were blood shot and one was almost completely red. Purple, black and blue splotches were becoming darker and darker around his left eye, his jaw and right cheek bone. He looked terrible.