Chapter 32 -

I could hardly see straight at this point. Charlie and Kent were a dark blur, rolling around in front of me with their fists flinging and legs kicking every which way. The sky was getting darker by the minute and the small fire was doing nothing to provide light around us. 

I had called out for help multiple times, but no one had come out of the cabin to check out what was going on. Where the hell were they? Where was Rebecca? 

"Get off of me!" Charlie yelled before kicking Kent in the stomach and successfully creating distance between the two of them. They both stumbled to their feet, Kent spit blood onto the white snow around his feet and Charlie's nose was bleeding but he didn't wipe the blood away. I took the opportunity to jump between the two of them, my back facing Kent and my arms stretched out to keep Charlie as far away as possible. 

"Why are you doing this, Charlie?" Kent yelled over my head and Charlie stepped forward, his chest pressing against my hands. I felt Kent step even close to me as well but I didn't move. I couldn't move. All of this had happened way too fast and my foggy brain was still trying to catch up. Why did I feel so groggy and tired right now? 

"You always have to get what you want, do you realize that?" Charlie spat out, his fists clenched so hard his knuckles were turning white, "You couldn't even let me have Sadie, you have everything I've ever wanted and you had to take Sadie from me too! I'm tired of constantly living in your fucking shadow!" 

I stepped backward, pushing against Kent's chest to create more distance and dropped my arms. If they would just talk about this, they'd realize they didn't need to fight at all. I wasn't some prize to be bought or won, I had a say in all of this as well. Or did they both not realize that? 

"What are you talking about? I never tried to hide my feelings for Sadie from you, you told me yourself she wasn't your type. If anything I should be the one pissed off right now! You never told me about your feelings for Sadie, not once, so don't act like I'm the one stabbing you in the back right now," The hurt and confusion was written all over Kent's bruising face. 

"You couldn't stand her when she came to the school! You wanted nothing to do with her! As far as I can tell you always get everything and I get left in the dust, every single time! Always!" Before Kent had a chance to respond to Charlie, he lept forward and shoved me out of the way, tackling Kent by the waist, sending them both back to the snowy ground.

"Charlie stop!" I rushed forward, stumbling over my own feet, trying to grab at either of them but I couldn't get a good grip. Charlie and Kent, tangled together, slipped down the snowy hill a few yards from the fire pit and plunged into the bushes below. 

"What the hell is going on?" Rebecca was suddenly by my side, grabbing my arm to help me stand up. 

"Charlie's gone nuts and started fighting Kent," I grabbed my head, partially in disbelief at the situation we were now in and partially to try and steady myself. 

"And now they're down there?" Rebecca peered over the edge of the hill that the boys had disappeared down. 

"Where is everyone else? I need the guys, they have to get those two away from each other," I slipped out of Rebecca's grip and started to slide down the steep hill myself now. 

"That's why I came out here, something's wrong Sadie, like really wrong," Rebecca grabbed my arm again to stop me, "They're all acting really strange Sadie, like they're drunk or something worse, I don't know what to do," 

I realized what she was saying now, something I had been fighting this whole time. My head pounding and my sight getting darker. Somehow, someway, Charlie had managed to drug the majority of us. But how? How had he managed to do that without any of us noticing?