Chapter 9-

Sadie's POV

If it wasn't for the bright sun shining through my window shades I could've slept all day. I was awake before my alarm clock began ringing next to my bed. Normal people would carefully shut off the alarm, yawn peacefully, stretch with a smile on their face and thank the good Lord for this blessed day. That's not really me though. Every morning when my alarm starts screaming I slam my hand down on it so hard it shouldn't work anymore, although it always does. Not to mention without coffee in the morning there's no possible way for me to form a coherent sentence.

Classes started in an hour and a half so I had plenty of time to get dressed and go get some breakfast from the cafeteria. I rolled from my bed slowly, slipping into a pair of my black skinny jeans, a gray sweatshirt and some sneakers. Throwing my hair into a messy bun, I grabbed my school bag and left the room, trying not to think about Kent and why he hadn't come back to the room last night.

When I got to the main floor and eventually made it outside into the beautiful, crisp morning air I was greeted by the only person I wanted to avoid. Missy stood, leaning against the steps railing, playing with her polished fingernails. When she noticed I had come out of the building her face lit up and she smiled a bubbly smile my way.

"Sadie, there you are," Missy rushed up to me and I abruptly stopped walking and glared at her.

"What do you want?" Couldn't she take a hint and realize I did not want to be around her?

"I wanted to talk about yesterday, with you having to leave early and all I didn't get the chance to finish," Missy said with a sweet smile that I so did not buy. This girl was pure drama, from her $800 extensions to her fresh nails and designer jeans.

"Maybe another time we can talk drama, alright?" I pushed past her and began walking down the sidewalk towards the cafeteria. Missy was right on my heels.

"I know what you're thinking, Sadie! I totally get it, you think I'm crazy and want nothing to do with me," Everything she had said so far was the truth. "But haven't you ever been crazy about a guy before? Don't you know how that feels?"

"I don't understand what your feelings towards Kent have to do with me," I replied, not bothering to slow my pace so that she could catch up. She tried anyway.

"You're living with him, what sane teenage girl isn't going to be upset to find out their boyfriend is practically living with a girl?" I guess in a way Missy had a point, there was just one problem.

"Kent isn't your boyfriend, you two broke up," I snapped at Missy, finally slowly up a bit so she could be in step with me.

"It was just a misunderstanding, we are working on it," Missy said and I rolled my eyes, hoping she'd see. Suddenly Missy was sprinting in front of me and stopping, forcing me to stop. "I really like Kent, hell I'm in love with him alright Sadie. There is nothing I wouldn't do for that guy so that's why I wanted you to know. So you wouldn't get in the way of anything,"

Was Missy actually threatened by me? She really thought Kent and I were going to end up together or hook up just because we live in the same room. I couldn't deny that Kent was extremely attractive but I couldn't see him as anything other than an annoying control freak.

"Missy, you have my word that I am not going to be standing in anyways way," I muttered, stepping forward and thankfully Missy moved out of the way. She walked with me all the way to the cafeteria then we parted ways and I was free from her for the moment. So Missy really liked Kent, I get it, but that doesn't mean she needs to track down every single girl Kent talks to and threaten them.