Chapter 27: His Reaction

'Calm down, you big idiot' Emily snapped in my head. I stopped pacing around the room and sat on the bed.

What should I wear?

'Just wear whatever you want , you're going to tell him something, not go to prom' She answered, mentally rolling her eyes.

I slipped on a pair of grey sweats and a sweatshirt that said 'army of lovers'. I'm starting to show but not as much. My belly is just a tad bit bigger.

Xavier was in his office working and I was planning on telling him when he was finished which was in about 5 minutes.

I started to clean up the room and heard the door open making me face my handsome mate.

"Hi baby" He muttered walking towards me and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Are you alright?" I asked him trying to hide my nerves.

"Yeah, I just need my mate" He whispered and inhaled my scent before placing kisses on my mark.

I bit my lip trying to stop the moan from coming out before I pushed him away, taking a step back in the process.

He looked confused and worried at the same time. "I need to tell you something" I whispered but I knew he could hear me.

"Okay" He said with his eyebrows furrowed. I took a big breath before letting it out.

"I'm pregnant" I said with as much confidence as I could muster.

His face paled and his eyes were wide open. That wasn't what worried me, it was the long painful silence.

"Please say something" I begged, having enough of his non response.

"How long have you known?" Xavier asked not making eye contact with me.

"For a week" I answered shifting from feet to feet.

He took a deep breath before finally looking at me. His eyes were blank no emotion whatsoever.

"I can't deal with these right now" He muttered leaving the room.

My wolf whimpered needing the warmth of our mate. A small tear slipped from my eye before I found myself breaking down on our bed.

It felt like hours until I finally stopped crying, my entire body was exhausted and I was hungry. I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face. My eyes were red and my face was really pale. I looked like a vampire that hadn't eaten.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen taking some bread and nutella from the fridge. I could smell him on the room but I didn't dare to look at him. It would only make this harder.

I walked upstairs and found myself looking at Amelia's worried face.

"What's wrong?" She asked looking me over.

"Nothing" my voice broke in the end but I covered it with a cough and a small smile.

I walked past her and kept my head down until I reached my bedroom once again. I quickly ate my Nutella bread and climbed back on the bed.

I tried to go asleep but I just couldn't, my thoughts were killing me. I guess he didn't want a child after all. Maybe I should just leave, but I couldn't. I can't leave my family and friends behind.

I heard the door open and close and I shifted in bed, having my back to him. "Emma" Xavier called out but I couldn't look at him.

He climbed on the bed, pressing his body against mine and placing his head on my shoulder. I shivered slightly and closed my eyes. I really couldn't control myself around him.

"Look at me" He whispered in my ear. When I didn't response he took my body with ease and flipped me so that I was staring at him.

"What do you want?" My voice was full of hurt and anger at the same time.

"Don't be like that" He snapped at me. "You don't get to be angry at me. I should be the only one angry here. You kept your pregnancy from me for a week, when you should've told me as soon as you found out. What did you think I was going to do? Leave? Make you give it up?" He fumed. I didn't answer him, instead I looked down at the space between us which wasn't much.

He sighed loudly and ran his hands through his head. "Baby, when I told you I love you, I meant it. I will always love you and our little pup, just tell me next time. I don't like my mother knowing before I do, okay?" He placed his warm hands on my belly and smiled gently at me.

I nodded in agreement and gave him a small peck. "I love you Xavier" I whispered placing my hand on top of his before sleep took over me.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies"

- George R. R. Martin