Chapter 11: Ceremony

Photo on the side: Emma's outfit 

I felt a hand on my shoulder softly shaking me. I mean I knew they were trying to wake me up but I'm extremely tired and this person is not going to ruin whatever sleep I have left in my body. 

I tried to ignore it but then it begun again but with more force, I could feel my whole body moving now. 

"Emma, come on. Wake up" The person whispered in my ear. Oh my god leave me alone. 

I extended my hand and swatted the person away, I felt the build of a nose on my hand so I probably hit the person in the face. They deserve it.

A groan and a ring of curses finally got me to wake up. Damn it, he won. 

I opened my eyes slightly to see Xavier on the ground holding his nose. Oops, he still deserved that.

"Stop the whining, aren't you a big strong Alpha?" I asked teasingly. Emphasizing the adjectives so he would stop groaning. I mean not gonna lie, his groans were kind of hot. 

I know I know I'm horny, sue me. My mate is hot so therefore anything he did was hot. 

"Yeah I am, but damn you took me by surprise" He groaned again and stood up beside the bed. 

"I've been trying to wake you from your long ass sleep cause you need to get ready. The ceremony starts soon." He said while he got in the bed with me. 

"Well it seems that you don't want me to" I said and pointed to the arm that had just grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. He made me little spoon, that was cute. 

"I mean I do, but just give me a few seconds" He sighed as his head disappeared into the space between my neck and shoulder. 

I could feel his breathing on my skin and I was trying really hard to not lose control right there and then since I have a bad case of morning breath and that is not attractive. 

"Are you sure you want me to be Luna?" I asked him after a few moments of comfortable silence. 

"Are you sure you want to be Luna?" He asked me back. "We can postpone it if you want but I do believe it is what's best not only for you personally but for your safety. All I care about is your safety" He whispered the last part but I know what he meant. 

I still have my old pack who with that demented Alpha can really come after me if they wanted to, especially if I'm still a rogue. In a pack I'm protected, and even more if I'm Luna. But I also don't want to risk the safety of innocent people just because of my personal problems. 

"Stop overthinking it Emma, you were meant to be Luna. You were meant to do this. It's possible that maybe nothing happens and we can be happy. You deserve to be happy" He said softly to me while I nodded. 

I didn't know how badly I needed to hear those words until I felt a tear fall down my cheek. 

"Hey, stop crying he doesn't deserve this tears okay?" He said turning me around. I don't even know how he knew I was crying. He seriously got some skills. 

"It's okay"I answered and he started laying kisses on my forehead and cheek and all over my face making me laugh. 

He was about to kiss my lips but I placed a hand in the middle of the two of us. "Morning breath" I explained and jumped over him to go to the bathroom. 

"Cecilia is waiting for you so you can try on the dresses" He yelled from the other side of the bathroom door and I answered with an 'okay'. 

°.°.°.°