20

Once Upon A Dream - Disney (Sleeping Beauty)

And I know it's ture that visions are seldom as they seem. But if I know you, I know that you'll do. You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.

HARRY

I watched in silence as Dylan processed what I told him. I held back on rehashing the rest of the sordid details. All of the remorse as well as the anger and embarrassment I had felt back then began to resurface.

I could still hear the distaste in her fathers words as they slurred out of his tongue. I could still smell the faint stench of cigar smoke and stale alcohol that had seeped out of his hot breath. I could still see the anger and distaste that flashed behind his darkened eyes as he threatened me and my life.

Franklin Maxwell was not one to be underestimated. He was a lot more powerful than what was imaginable. He had business affairs all throughout New York as well as London. He knew my step-father and had managed to get into contact with him before Isabella and I even stepped foot on American soil. I do not know, nor do I even fully comprehend why he had this distaste over me.

"I will not allow my daughter to become just like her... You will not be another Timothy..." I hadn't understood anything he was saying. The man was a lunatic... set in ways of the past. Words that were laced with malice were thrown in my direction.

He knew things... things about my past and threw them in my face. He knew about Sarah... who she was to me and what had happened to her. He knew of her tragic death and did not think twice to throw it all back in my face. Once again, I had been left stunned and confused as to how, and quite frankly why, he knew all of this about my life.

He was aware about my life in drugs when I was a mere teenager. He knew of my friendship with Kit and the deals we had made back in day. Each wrong doing I had committed when I was a teenager up until the few months before I moved to London was thrown maliciously back into my face.

"I will have you arrested..." he threatened with bloodshot eyes cast down on me. "I have many, many friends in London. Friends who are very involved with the police force in London. All I need to do is make a few phone calls and have you arrested..."

"For what? I haven't done anything," monotonously I quipped back.

Franklin laughed, but his smile was void of humor - or emotion at all. "Ah - of course. I suppose your little drug deal with Kit Santiago back in 2013... a month after my dear Isabella moved to London, was merely an amusing shenanigan between you two."

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Oh I'm sure you don't..." Franklin sarcastically replied. "Except that I have these photographs of you leaving the ridiculous bookstore my daughter was working at and jumping into a dark tinted vehicle only a block away."

I grabbed the folder out of his hands. Sure enough, there were distorted black and white photos of the book shop as well as me walking out of the door.

"You were spying on her?"

"Of course," scoffed Franklin. "My daughter decided to move across the damn ocean. I was going to do everything that I could to make sure she was safe. Then I find out she had some hoodlum boy visiting her every day. I had no other choice but to hire my P.I. to follow you too. Don't think I don't know about the many times you were with random women... that blonde girl... the pink headed girl... too many to count really."

"You're disgusting," I threw the folder in his face, hands shaking at my sides.

That day was all too familiar... it was the first day I ever met Isabella. I was waiting for Kit to pick me up so I had decided to stop in at the shop to browse about. That was the first time I met her... she was irritated with my constant use of her full name, and I was hooked from the start.