34

In the middle of the night when the wolves come out, headed straight for your heart like a bullet in the dark. One by one, I gotta take them down. We can't run and hide, ain't goin' down without a fight.

Wolves - One Direction

*Note: Italicized portions are flashbacks.* 

HARRY

It was a scene I had become all to familiar with. The subtle pounding in my head was something I had felt too many times before. A slow tump... thump... thump... that led me to believe that I was truly closer to my end.

The duvet felt exceptionally heavy on my body. It laid across me like a dead weight, my aching limbs held captive underneath it. The thump... thump... thump... of my head continued as I slowly stretched my arms over my head. I turned my body to its side very slowly and buried my head deeper into the pillow.

The lingering scent of Isabella remained on the cotton pillowcases. Her familiar, and much loved rose scent that I had grown increasingly obsessed with over time.

Izzy had left earlier that morning for work. She woke me with a brief kiss on the lips and told me she'd see me later that evening. If I was still alive by then.

Her work schedule having no care that it was a Saturday and her needy boyfriend would much rather have her withering underneath me all day, then sit alone waiting for her return. Insensitive twats.

Memories of last night flooded back. Dinner with Josie and her friends, then pints with Liam at a local pub. I didn't want to go, a fact that I had made very clear with Izzy before we left.

-

"Do we really need to do this?"

"Yes."

"I'd much rather stay in my bed and eat you instead," I smirked cheekily in response. She gasped, her eyes widened in shock.

Slapping my arm, Izzy tisked. "You're such a perv. You do know that, right?"

"I'm just bein' honest, baby," I shrugged in response. "I mean it though - do we really need to go to this dinner? I don't know these people."

"You know Josie and Liam," she countered.

"Doesn't mean I want to spend an evening with them and their friends."

She crossed her arms against her chest, rolling her eyes at me, "You like Josie and Liam."

I walked towards her, wrapping my arms around her small waist and pulling her into me. I leaned my head into her neck, my breath hitting her ear. "Yes, but I quite like you more." I bit down on her lobe gently, pulling it against my teeth. She hissed under the contact, a sound I grew fucking addicted to.

"Harry, come on. We don't go out very often with other people. It's nice," her voice caught in her throat as I sucked on the soft skin bellow her ear.

"I don't like people. Just you."

Again, she shivered at my words. I loved the way I could affect her with only my words and touch. It drove me fucking mad, in the best way possible. I don't know when I became one of those wankers who were clingy to their girls, but I was one of them. Every day I kick myself for leaving her almost a year ago. I don't know what the hell was going on in my mind to logically believe I made the right decision, because quite frankly, I was a complete moron.

This girl... fuck... this girl is everything that I need to survive. There's no way I'm letting her go. Not that I now know what it's like to not have her in my life, I'm not going to subject myself to that torture again. So maybe I was a bit clingy, and a whiny, and fucking selfish - but I didn't care. I wanted to keep her all to myself. I'm making up for lost time.