32

Yeah I want to tell everyone that you are, you are my only one. Scream it at the top of my lungs.
But I'm whispering, I'm whispering I'm whispering, cause I don't want to jinx it.

Jinx - DNCE

HARRY

Airports was near the top of my list of things I loathed in life. It was right under people who chewed with their mouth open and full, hospitals, and Franklin Maxwell. The latter being at the very top.

There was something about airports, airplanes, and flying in general that I didn't like. Maybe it was the snooty air hostesses who leaned over you with their tits in your face, or the lack of food that they gave you in return. Whatever it was, I could do without it. However, I knew that this flight was important. More important than the rest.

I wanted to take a bus down, but Dylan had been adamant that he'd pay for my flight. He even promised that he'd buy me a business class seat so that I didn't have to worry about squeezing my long legs in economy.

I wasn't picky nor did I really care, but he had been persistent and I had no energy to argue.

But it wasn't the airport, or the air hostesses that were waiting for me on my plane, but the eight year old who was holding tight to my waist that was driving me up the wall. Maddie hadn't let go of me since we stepped out of the car. Her tiny hands had clawed their way against my jacket and their death grip wouldn't let up. I didn't bother fighting her because I knew that it'd be a losing battle.

She was sad and wouldn't stop complaining. "Why are you moving?" She kept asking, over and over, in her high squeaky voice.

Dylan had to explain time and time again that I was going to be living closer to Isabella and hopefully attend school. She couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of me wanting to be closer to Izzy when I could live with her and all her disney movies. It wasn't until I made the pressured promise that I would come back for Christmas (it was better than going to mum's where I'd have to see fucking Mark). She quickly became elated and understood that I would want to be closer to a "real life princess" as she enthusiastically put it. However, as quickly as she understood, she soon went back to her pestering.

"Got everything?" asked Dylan for the third time since entering the airport. I grunted a yes and pulled my bag higher up on my shoulder. He chuckled, shaking his head, "No need to get pissy. Just making sure you got everything together."

I knew he wasn't offended. It took a lot for Dylan Styles to be offended. I had learnt that over the last eight months I lived with him. He was relatively easy going and a bit passive aggressive. It was a nice change from the norm.

"Can I come with you?" whined Maddie, her little hands pulling at my bag.

"For fuck's sake, will you bloody let go of my bag?"

She huffed, smacking my arm as hard as she could. "That's another loonie and an apology because that was really mean."

Sighing, I felt a twinge of regret - which was happening more often than I would like it to. I pulled out my wallet from my back pocket and gave her a five dollar bill. "Here," begrudgingly, I pushed it into her small palm.

"Woah," she gasped and held the bill up higher so she could look at the blue paper. "This is so much better than a loonie. Thanks, Harry!"

I should have expected it. She wasn't shy when it came to it, but I still lost balance when she launched her tiny frame towards me, making me lose my balance for a few seconds. I caught myself, as well as Maddie, and straightened up. Awkwardly, I patted her back and muttered a quiet, "You're welcome."