50

HARRY

Maddie had my favourite vintage Rolling Stones t-shirt in one hand and a pair of scissors in the other. She stood in front of me, with a death glare in her little eyes as she held the scissors closer to the shirt.

"Don't you even think about it," I warned her but she ignored it, smirking as she lowered the scissors even closer. "Maddie. I swear to God-"

"Ah! Don't swear to God or else the shirt will see God sooner than you think," she warned. I rolled my eyes at her taking a step towards her. She took another two steps back. "Don't come any closer or the shirt is gone... done for... kapoot."

I snarled, my hands falling to my hips as I stood there. "For the last time, we can't go to central park."

"You promised!"

"No, I said maybe."

"Maybe is basically a promise. So let's go or else I'm making this t-shirt into a tank top." For a kid, she was strong headed and fucking annoying. "You said since dad had to go to work again that you would take me to see central park where they filmed Enchanted. You know I take my disney very seriously, and if I get to see where Princess Giselle falls in love with Robert, I will cry. Do you want me to cry?"

Groaning I walked towards her again but she only stepped backwards. "Isabella!"

"I'm right here, Harry. No need to shout," I can hear her giggle behind me, her hands wrapping around my waist. "You did promise her."

"I fucking said maybe..." I grumbled.

"That's another dollar in the swear jar!," Maddie smirked. "Now are we going to go or not?"

My shoulders fell to my side in defeat. "Fine," I sighed. "If it means you'll put my shirt back where it came from, we'll go. Happy?"

Maddie squealed. She handed the scissors and t-shirt to Izzy and wrapped her short arms around my waist. "You're the best."

"Whatever," I grumbled and grabbed my shirt from Izzy. "Put those scissors at a very high shelf so she can't reach it."

"You're cute when you're frustrated," Izzy giggled, kissing my cheek.

Things had been relatively normal since we had to witness in court. The past few days had been mostly spent in our apartment, eating take out from different restaurants and watching a marathon of Call the Midwife at Izzy's request. I didn't fight her on it. It had been the first time in months since all this shit had happened that I saw her truly content. Sure she wasn't jumping in the air screaming with excitement, but she wasn't as gloomy as she had been before and that was all I fucking wanted. I hated what was going on inside of her. I hated all the shit Franklin was putting us... putting her... through... I hated all of this. But for those few days, stuck inside our apartment, everything felt different. Easy. At least, as easy as it could be.

When all this is finished I made a promise to myself that I would take us away from here. Move to another state or back to the UK. We could go to Edinburgh or buy a small flat in North London, away from all of the shit we went through down in Central. I wanted us to start new, have a new life together - just the two of us. Maybe have a baby... who the fuck knows. All I did know was that I was ready to live our lives away from all of this bullshit. Away from all of this drama and heartache.

I wanted to be with her and that was good enough for me.

-

It was warm out- not too cold, but not sweltering hot. People were walking around the streets of Manhattan in shorts and sweaters, minding their own business as they rushed to their own destinations. Maddie was holding onto Isabella's hand as they talked about God-know's-what.