48

*For those of you who were waiting patiently for this chapter, I thank you. The last four months I was in school finishing up my undergraduate degree and NOW am finally a college GRADUATE! OK! Here's the chappie.*

HARRY

"All rise!"

We stood as the judge walked into the courthouse. It looked like any courthouse you see in a movie or television show. She was dressed all in black and her hair was pinned tightly, stretching her face in a way that I'm sure was permanent.

"Please be seated," We took our seats and my knee began to bounce. I can feel Isabella's hand rest against my jittery knee and in an instant I could feel my body relax. "We are here for the case of Franklin Maxwell versus the State."

Franklin was seated at the front, a smug look painted against his face. I could feel anger boil inside of me. All I wanted to do - all I wished I could do, is run my fist against his face. The son of a bitch had the audacity to look like he was the one that wasn't guilty. It's the look of wealth and status. A arrogant smirk that mocked everyone around him. He knows that he possesses the capability to completely destroy me... to destroy his daughter, and he's reveling in it. He's swimming in it and soaking up every moment.

I hate him with every fibre in my being and seeing him now, with cuffs around his hands as he leans against his chair, I suddenly don't feel so nervous anymore. Vengeance, retaliation and revenge is all that I can see. It clouds my vision and I'm ready. I'm so fucking ready to bring that bastard down.

-

Isabella sat at the front of the courtroom, all eyes on her as she testified against her father. I watched, helpless and quiet, as she answered Dylan's questions. I was more than grateful that he wasn't pushy or harsh. That behaviour was left for Franklin's attorney - the fucking prick. His questions were arrogant and his delivery rude. Natalia had to hold me back from marching up and punching him in the throat. Defendants were known to be fiery but this seemed over the top.

I'm sure Franklin would love that. It would prove 'how distasteful and offensive' I was, whatever that meant. It was a good thing I wasn't up yet. I don't think I was mentally prepared to go on stand in front of not only the judge and Franklin, but the twelve jury members sat on the side. I peered over my shoulder to take in their faces. They each sat stoic as they listened to Isabella's testimony. Some nodded their heads along to Franklin's attorney, whereas others shook their head at his audacity. It was unclear, to myself at least, where they each stood, and that left me feeling even more nervous

As I took my seat at the front of the courtroom, I kept my eyes locked on Dylan. He stood in front of me with his hands in his pockets and a reassuring smile on his face. With a subtle nod in my direction he began his questioning.

It all felt like a blur as I answered each question. It was a slew of no's and yes's, and a couple I do not recall. He asked how long I had been dating Isabella, and if I was aware of Franklin's working with the gangs and trades. I told them the truth, that I had no idea that he was and hoped that I was convincing enough. I told him of how I did listen to Franklin's wishes to leave Isabella alone, due to his threats against my life and her own. I caught a glimpse of the women in the jury, their hands to their chests as the listened to my account with horrified expressions. I didn't know if it was for my benefit - but I sure hoped it was.

-

The questioning continued for what felt like ages until recess was finally announced. Isabella and I stood up, our hands interlocked. We followed Dylan out of the courthouse and ignored the stares of the audience.