Chapter 24: Breakfast sounds so good right about now!

Majority of this chapter will be in Adora's POV

ADORA'S POV

I woke up to a bunch of screaming coming from the living room.

"Well what did he tell them!?!"

"We don't know!"

"Ohh I'm going to jail." I heard Catra.

Jail? I got up and left the room.

I saw Catra walking back and forth. She suddenly stopped when she saw me

"Adoraaa, heyy how was your sleep? Do you want breakfast? I can make you some." She started walking to the kitchen

"Why are you going to jail?" I follow behind her

"Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes, yeah."

"Catra."

"Hmm I think we should made eggs too. You guys want eggs?"

"Catra!"

"Oooo we should also make smoothies!"

"Goddamit Catra answer me!"

She turned to me but instantly looked down.

"We're just- gonna go." Bow said pushing Glimmer upstairs.

It was just me and her now. "Catra. What's going on?"

"I had left Scorpias house to come get you and Glimmer told the officer why I left but we don't think that was a good idea." She told me rubbing her arm.

"So..your going to jail?"

"I don't know! Maybe."

"Maybe I need to talk to them." I suggested

"No! No. I don't want you involved in all of this. I made that mistake. Now I need to pay for it."

"You we're doing good though! You were coming to help me!"

"They don't care! As soon as you leave their sight, they will keep trying to find you until you die! Especially people like me." She looked away from me

"What do you mean 'like you'?"

(To clarify, Catra is still a Cat like human in this story! I've mentioned this before but here's a reminder <3 )

She sighed. "For years, the public thought people like me were 'dangerous' and 'exotic creatures'. We were the main targets for police officers. We can't make mistakes in this world unless we want to get killed or have to suffer in prison for more than 30 years."

I stared at her in shocked. What is wrong with this world!? Seriously. It's like people can't live without feeling like their in danger everywhere they go.

"So." She continued "If I get caught-" she took her arm and made a slicing motion by her neck. I gasped.

"No! I can't loose you!"

"It's ok Adora, I'll be fine." She came close to me and put her hands on my face.

"We'll be fine." She pushed her face towards mine. She kissed me just like she did in the hospital. This. This is the thing I've wanted for the longest.

She pulled away and locked eyes with me. I turned away and smiled.

"So how about that lovely breakfast I was talking about!" She clapped her hands together and went back into the kitchen. All I could do is laugh.

'Let's do it all again' I remembered what she said as I saw her looking in the fridge and dancing around.

"Yeah. Lets do it all again."

Time skip because....because.

CATRA'S POV

I actually made breakfast for everyone. At first it started off as a cover up but here I am flipping damn pancakes.

Doing this made me remember my days living with my mother. She wasn't the...nicest person to say at least, but we had our times.

I started laughing thinking about the time I had accidentally flipped the pancake to high and it hit my mothers head. I got my ass beat by a pan but it was funny as hell.

"Whatcha you laughing at?" Adora came around the corner.

"Oh nothing." I smiled

"Tell meee!"

"Ok ok."

ADORA'S POV

I was watching 'Amphibia' on the Tv, when I heard Catra laugh in the kitchen.

What you laughing at?" I asked

"Oh nothing." I saw her smile. Which made me more curious.

"Tell meee!"

"Ok ok. Sit down on the barstool."

I went and sat down, wondering what Catra was thinking about.

"So, I used to cook with my mother all the time. She had this cookbook that has been passed down by many generations." I heard her giggle a bit "We would make breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Together....just the two of us." She had put down the spatula and frowned.

"What happened to her?"

Catra stayed silent. I saw her look away from the stove and to one of the drawers. She opened it and pulled a thing that had a really pretty frame to it.

"Look." She handed me the picture. It was her and her mother. Her mom had black hair and light skin just like Catra but the only difference was that Catra had different eyes and cat ears.

"You look just like her." I said a bit excited

She laughed a little "yeah, I got that a lot."

I saw her face drop.

"But our times didn't last forever." She said making her way back to the drawers to put the picture away.

I then asked again "what happened to her?"

Catra sighed. "The government was after people like me...and one day the police arrived at our house and they asked to see me. My mother told them no because she knew what they were going to do to me. The officer got aggressive towards my mother and ended up...shooting her." I saw tears fall from Catra eyes' so I got off the barstool and came over towards her.

"Hey, it's ok." I took my hand and moved it around in her hair. She sniffed.

"I never met my dad because they had got him. That's why my mother tried to protect me at all cost. But look! Now we can be free...sometimes. We are still being watched. Some people still don't trust us but hey? What can I do?"

She stared at me and I swear something in me changed. I wanted more? I didn't understand what the feeling was or meant but I wanted it.

I started to lean in but then she backed away.

"Do you smell that?" She asked me

"Yeah, what is that?"

"Oh shit! The pancake!" She turned around and like she said the pancakes was in flames.

"Oh my god!" I screamed.

Bow and Glimmer came running down the stairs.

"What? What's happening?" They looked into the kitchen and saw it.

"CATRA ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!?!" Glimmer yelled. She ran towards the stove to try and help her out. I went and stood beside Bow.

"Y'know, you might not be able to believe this but...this right here" he pointed in the kitchen "is normal."

I snickered.

WHATTT A NEW CHAPTER ALREADYYY yeah I know. I wanted to add one last wholesome chapter before breaking everyone's hearts 😁😁

Until next time! Hehe. ❤️🏳️‍🌈